Chapter 16, Orson

Fucking hell, what is this feeling?

"Talk to me." 

The room has fallen silent, and Eleanor has made no move to leave to go to her room, nor has she turned to look at me, and I fucking hate it, I won't apologize for getting angry, the moment I felt her happiness with Lark I lost it, what's worse is that when she saw me, I could sense her emotions shift, she wasn't happy nor sad to see me, it was more of nervous concern and I hated that she wasn't happy to see me.

I was jealous, jealous of Lark.

He had gotten close to her in such a short amount of time, and for that, I wanted to hurt him.

I wanted to be the one to watch movies with her, but I had no choice, I got pulled away before I could go to her, if not for Adan bringing me more reports I would've been watching movies with her, not Lark.

I was close to breaking his neck in front of Eleanor, something I have never felt before that made me burn with rage, I have never felt that way since I was a young child, living in that forsaken place.

I look to Eleanor and she's sitting on the far end of the couch. "Please talk to me." I say louder this time.

She jumps slightly then frowns, there's a hint of blush still on her cheeks and I know she's still affected by the kiss, happiness swells in my heart knowing that she responded to me just how I responded to her.

She didn't push me away, that counts for something right?

I just couldn't control myself, she just had to talk back to me and turn me on, fuck- I don't regret it one bit, I wanted more- so much more, but I want to take my time and know her, I have to do this right, I don't want her to leave me.

I have to swallow my pride on this one, I just want her to talk to me. "I apologize okay? I shouldn't have snapped at you, I... I was just jealous."

She finally turns to me with curious eyes. "Of Lark?" Her soft voice asks and I nod and keep my eyes on her beautiful face as I admire her flaming red hair, which is falling over he face gracefully.

"Yes and no." I say slowly. "I was jealous he got to spend time with you, and I took it out on you, I hate other unmated wolves around you... even ones I trust." I say truthfully.

She studies me with a frown but nods her head. "Unmated? Does that mean he doesn't have a mate?" She asks and I nod my head.

Eleanor rolls her eyes and brings her knees up to her chest. "Why does it matter? It's not like we are attracted to each other, he only watched a movie with me." 

The thought of them being attracted to each other makes me snarl out lowly, making Eleanor look at me uncomfortably, I sigh out and run my fingers through my hair tiredly. "You're my mate Eleanor, Alpha wolves are more... aggressive around their mates, I should have punished him for calling your name, it's disrespectful to your title."

Her eyes widen and she tenses. "I asked him to Orson, he did nothing wrong, I wouldn't let him call me Lu-"

"I know."

She stares at me blankly then a blush forms on both of her cheeks and turns her gaze away from me, almost embarrassed by the fact.

"Why do I have guards outside my door? Are you still worried I might try and run away?" She mumbles quietly.

"It's merely for your own safety, I had to finish some work so I could spend the week with you, without interruptions." 

She hums and starts to relax, she turns to look at me and she shyly admires my face. "You didn't need to do that." She says quietly, shifting her eyes from mine to her feet.