Chapter 6, Orson

That could've gone better.

I was so fucking nervous, the first time in my life I don't know how to speak to a girl, a girl younger than me no less, all my pent-up tension till that point had disappeared once I stepped into the room with her, hiding behind the bed.

I knew instantly, I will always find her, wherever she may run or hide, I will end up finding her.

Still having things to do, I couldn't stand there and stare at her, the fact that she's my mate and she's now in my house, our house.. fuck, I don't even know how to breathe knowing she's upstairs, her scent is everywhere already and I want nothing more than to barge in and have her accept the bond.

My fucking wolf would love that, because of my wolf I can barely read the sentence on the piece of paper in front of me, I've been staring at the same line for the past twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes is enough time to eat, right? 

Fuck this, I should just go in and tell her she's mine, get it over with, she should know by now who I am from my scent alone, female wolves are good at picking up scents just as much as male wolves.

Then... why does it bug me when I stood in front of her, I didn't sense anything coming from her, no wolf or pack scent.

Human?

But how would that be possible? June and Joseph were both wolves, Joseph was a fucking royal wolf with a pure bloodline, she should be able to shift.

Unless... She didn't get the gene. 

I haven't met anyone with two wolf parents to come out human, it's considered rare and highly dangerous.

At least it makes sense why he would want her dead now, he must've just found out.

Alpha King Croix Carmine, Eleanor's grandfather.

What shitty fucking luck this girl must have, first her family try and kill her, and now she's mated to a fucking bastard Alpha, I feel more sorry for her than I do myself to be mated to a Carmine.

The moon goddess must have a sick sense of humor, or this was meant to be.

Sighing heavily I stand up and decide to just go back upstairs and explain the situation, I can hear her footsteps all the way downstairs in my office, she's paced the bedroom for the past ten minutes, so she must have answers.

She's human, this should be fun.

Perhaps June told her? But then again, it's unlikely giving the situation.

I make it to the top of the stairs, I walk down the hall and take a left, I see the guards outside her room still standing there and they bow their heads once I stand outside the door.

"Leave us, no one comes upstairs." I command and they both nod their head and walk away.

Getting the key from my pocket, I unlock the door and open it wide, then out of nowhere something comes flying at me but I manage to stop it before it connects with my face.

She threw a fucking book at me.

"I want to go home! You can't keep me in here forever, people will come looking for me!" She screams as I enter the room and close the door.

I chuckle and throw the book onto the bed, that's when I see she hasn't touched the food I brought her, it's on the floor, completely untouched.

Sighing, I look at her. "Eleanor don't-"

"You don't know me! Stop talking to me like you know me!" She snaps out angrily.

I'm fuming but shifting in front of her will not help the situation.