Earning Wings

It's been a day since Gulfstream joined Team Prime and she was already getting along with the team, Arcee however needed more time to warm up to her.  When Gulfstream asked why Arcee was so suspicious, the others told her about the incident with Makeshift.  She was furious that a Decepticon tried to take out one of her favorite Wreckers and his team, all while disguised as her other favorite Wrecker.  She was relieved that Wheeljack outsmarted Makeshift and excited to hear that he was around too, although she was disappointed to hear he was out exploring the galaxy, nonetheless, she knew Jackie would always come back.  

Anyways, today she was out at Unit E's base with Agent Fowler, he was helping her find an Earth based flight mode.  She was looking at all the different aircraft, it was difficult chosing one.

Gulfstream: What is this one?

Agent Fowler: A-10 Warthog, it's basically a flying tank.

Gulfstream: And this one?

Agent Fowler: MiG-29 Fulcrum, we recovered it in the Gulf War, today we use it for evaluation.

Gulfstream: So, you can know it's strengths and weaknesses?

Agent Fowler: (turns to her) Yeah...How'd you figure that out?

Gulfstream: (shrugs) Lucky guess, but evaluation is nothing compared to actually having working planes to see what they can and can't do. (smirks)

Agent Fowler: Oh we do have those, just not here.  I'm impressed Gulfstream, I'm starting to like you. 

Gulfstream: It helps to have common interests.

Agent Fowler: I suppose, now how about these planes?

The agent lead the seeker to the last two planes, an F-16 Fighting Falcon and an F/A-18 Hornet, it was a tough choice, but Gulfstream made her decision, scanned the jet of choice and transformed into a jet with her color scheme.  

Gulfstream: How do I look Agent Fowler?

The agent just looked at the Blue and Gold F/A-18 Hornet in front of him with a pleased expression on his face.

Agent Fowler: You look like you're ready to clear the sky of Cons!

Gulfstream: (transforms then smirks) Couldn't agree more! Thanks for the assist, Agent Fowler, I gotta take this new form for a spin.

Agent Fowler: (smiles) Have fun! Just stay out of sight!

Gulfstream just smiled and winked as a reply, she walked over to the end of the runway and transformed.  After checking her control surfaces, she started her engines and hit the afterburners.  She sped down the runway and lifted into the air, she then retracted her landing gear and banked away to the canyons nearby.

(Here's an image of Gulfstream's jet mode)

(Cue song below)