Darkness Rising Pt. 1

-Mountains-

Dodger was on patrol in the Rocky Mountains listening to his radio, ever since coming to Earth, he'd grown fond of earth music, country in particular.  The music keeps him occupied especially on patrols around the human town of Jasper, not far from their base.  That little town is certainly no game-spot, Cliffjumper found it dull too, as did Arcee.  Those two sure are adapting to their surroundings, heck, ever since Arcee got her motorcycle mode, she figured immediately to create a holoform biker to add to her disguise.  As for Cliff, his vehicle mode just proves his motto; mess with Cliffjumper, you get the horns.  Suddenly radio chatter makes him alert, Dodger shuts off his radio, it's about Cliff, and there's trouble.

-On a desert road-

Arcee(over comm): Arcee to Optimus.  The cons are back!  Cliff may be neck deep in scrap!

Optimus: Understood.  Ratchet, do you have Cliffjumper's coordinates?

Ratchet (over comm): I'm looked on his signal Optimus, but our teams scattered across time zones.

Optimus: Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Dodger, rendezvous back at base and prepare to groundbridge.

-At an energon deposit-

A groundbridge soon opens up at an energon deposit and Ratchet, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Arcee, Dodger and Optimus come out weapons drawn.

Optimus: An untapped energon deposit

Bulkhead: What's left of it

Ratchet: The first Decepticon activity in 3 years

Optimus: That we know of (retracts faceplate) If they are scouting for energon, they may be preparing for his return.

The bots then go into the crater.

Dodger: Hey, where's Cliff?

Arcee then notices a broken horn sticking out of the dirt, when she picks it up, her spark sinks.

Arcee:(softly) No...

The other bots gather around

Optimus: Ratchet, can you track his position?

Ratchet opens his arm panel, showing the whole teams life signals, suddenly one of them disappears.... filling Ratchet with dread.    

Ratchet:(shocked) No! Cliffjumper's life signal just went offline...

All of the bots were stunned, Arcee however looked like she just went into shock.  Optimus takes note of the team's shock and recovers from his own.

Optimus:(softly) Autobots, return to base.

-Later on top of the Silo-

All of the Autobots were gathered on top of their base, holding a memorial service for Cliffjumper.  Optimus speaks while the others bow their heads down in respect.

Optimus: We must not allow our anger over the loss of Cliffjumper to impair our judgement.  As of today, only we six Autobots remain on this Earth.  We owe it to ourselves to the memory of Cybertron, to any Autobots in any Galaxies seeking safe harbor, to humankind. (Arcee steps foward solemly with Cliffjumper's horn, placing it on the ground) And we owe it to the memory of our fallen comrade, to survive.

Arcee starts walking stiffly away

Optimus: Arcee...

Arcee: If Cliff's gone standing around here sulking won't bring him back.  So unless anyone minds, I think I'll get back to protecting humankind.