Chapter 21: Losing him

Zayn, Hope and I had gotten into a different car then the rest of the boys.

"So where we going?" I said looking out the window.

"Its a surprise, but you're going to love it" Zayn said smirking.

The restaurant was quite nice. The waiters and waitresses were dressed up nicely and well as the hostesses. We were led to a table in the back corner so we wouldn't be disturbed by fans or what not.

"So how are my girls?" Zayn said smiling at Hope and I as he picked up a bread stick.

"I'm good, I'm really happy with Liam, I just don't know why I faught it for so long" I said trying to hide my blush behind the menu.

"I'm glad, Liam was a mess before you came and met us at the concert. He really loves you" Zayn said smiling at me.

"Hi, I'm Cassidy and I'll be your waitress this evening. Can I start you off with any drinks?" The waitress said with a pretty smile. She had blonde hair that was about shoulder length and her body was the perfect size. Not to little, not to big.

"I'll have a water please" I said with a smile. I glanced at Hope, but she was absorbed in her kids menu. I laughed causing her to look up.

"I'll have a milk shake" Hope says mischievously. The waitress glanced at me for the okay. I nodded. Hope deserved to be happy even if it was just a milkshake.

"What kind sweetheart?" Cassidy asked nicely. Hope pretended to think. "Strawberry of course" she said gigging.

"And for you sir?" Cassidy said looking at Zayn. I hadn't noticed but he was drooling over Cassidy. Gosh. Boys.

"I'll uh, have water. Please" Zayn said blushing. Cassidy scribbled it down then went away.

"Zayn's got a crush" I said poking my brothers arm. He blushed.

"She's fit, but I'm talking to Perrie, you know that" Zayn said getting serious. I smiled.

I loved Perrie, don't get me wrong. I just haven't met her. Zayn had been rambling about a girl he hasn't even introduced to his family. I guess I just don't like that they aren't 'family' serious.

The meal went by quickly. We were waiting for the check when Zayn's phone went off and he walked away from the table.

"Here's your check! Have a wonderful evening" Cassidy said placing a black folder on the table. I opened it up, 75 pounds. Wow.

Ten minutes passed and Zayn still wasn't back. Hope was laying against me trying to stay awake. I opened my wallet and scraped out the money plus a ten pound tip.

"Ready Hope?" I questioned rubbing her arm. She nodded tiredly. I grabbed her hand and led her out of the restaurant.

"Annie, where's Zayn?" Hope read my mind. He was no where to be found. Not a text, no calls. He left us in a sketchy part of town alone.

"I'll call him" I said trying not to panic.

His phone went straight to voicemail.

"Dammit" I said, causing Hope to look at me in shock.

"Let's head home yeah?" I said calling a cab. The ride wasn't to long but still a lengthy drive. Enough for Hope to fall asleep.

"Thanks sir" I said handing him the amount and carrying Hope to the front door. I attempted to knock, but failed miserably. In utter desperation I kicked the door. Sure enough I heard foot steps then a click.

"Hey what are you doing back? I didn't hear the garage?" Harry said taking Hope from my arms.

"I need to talk to Louis" I said sternly. He just nodded and pointed to the Tv room. I trotted over to see everyone but Liam and Zayn sitting on the couches.

"Louis, what were you and Zayn talking about this morning?" I questioned standing in front of the television.

"I don't know" Louis started but I interrupted him, "Yes you do, don't give me BS, what was Zayn going to do that I wouldn't be happy about?" I said sternly. His face dropped.

"That son of a" Louis started, "he set up this dinner as a cover up. Management said he was getting bad publicity so he needed to do something with you guys" Louis started, my eyes watered in frustration.

"He said after he got you guys a cab he was going to go to the club, I told him to just come home with you guys so you wouldn't be more hurt then you already would be if you found out" Louis explained walking over to me.

"So my brother, he pretended to get a call, left me to pay the bill and pay for the cab. On top of all that, in a sketchy part of town" I said exasperated. Louis looked even more shocked.

"You should've called one of us" Louis said pulling me into a hug.

"Where's Liam?" I questioned.

"He's in your room, he's been in there all evening" Louis said sadly.

"Did he eat dinner?" I questioned. He shook his head.

Hearing that I went to the kitchen and warmed up a couple pieces of pizza, then put them on a plate. I walked over to our room only to see Liam curled up in a ball, scrolling through his phone. But his eyes were red and blotchy.

"Liam" I said softly, he looked surprised to see me. I slowly walked over the the bed and slid his phone from his hands.

Hate.

After.

Hate.

All over his phone. He sat up and put his head in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"They hate me" Liam whispered as tears ran down his cheeks. This Liam scared me. He was always my rock so seeing him like this hurt me.

"Babe, I have never heard a bigger lie" I whisper planting a kiss on his jaw.

"But they do, they don't support me" Liam said sadly.

"Liam Payne, you have the most loyal and kind fans of all time. But with that you also have people who are going to try to pick on every little thing in order to bring you down. You are you. And if that's not good enough for them, they don't deserve you. Because any one who can't see how amazing, and kind you are is crazy" I said causing him to sit up. I wrapped my arms around him. I don't know how long we stayed that way, but we were like that long enough for Liam to calm down.

"I don't know what's gotten into me. Harry usually gets the most, but I guess I wanted a reason to be sad" Liam said with a fake laugh at the end. I smiled making eye contact with him.

"Everybody needs a good cry every once in a while" I said kissing his cheek. "I brought you some pizza from the kitchen" I say handing the plate to Liam. He gladly took it and started eating. I grabbed some shorts and a shirt and went to go change. I walked in the room to see Hope in tears and Liam cradling her.

"I don't know what happened, she just came in crying with a red mark on her cheek" Liam said in a panic. I got a little closer examining her cheek. Sure enough it was a hand print.

"Li, it's a hand print" I said worried. I walked out of the room only to see the three angry boys and my drunk brother.

"What the hell happened to my little sister?"