Tradition

It was still very early the sun wasn't up yet

It was still very early the sun wasn't up yet. So I checked the time. 3:20 am. Klaus was knocked out on my chest as I ran my fingers through his messy curls. There was only one person who would be up at this time and as much as I wanted to texted her I didn't want to mess up her night. If she didn't come home it's because she finally decided to have fun.

Another 30 minutes went by with the sun still asleep and I decided to text Francesca. She responded almost immediately so I kissed Klaus's head and stopped running my hands through his hair. He shifted a bit but was still sound asleep.

I told her all about the night I had and even about moving the wedding date up for before she leaves. She was excited and told me she would bring notebooks and more for us to plan a wedding in a week. But of course I didn't believe her, who could plan wedding in a week.

After a while of back and forth with Francesca and hearing about this guy she was with I eventually fell asleep.
-
An hour had went by of me finally sleeping when I was awaken by Klaus's phone by my head, flashing Harvey's name. It didn't bother Klaus as his face was covered by the robe I was in.

I picked it up my voice soft as ever. "Harvey?" So much commotion and different voices were in the background of Harvey's loud and over lapping voice. "Is Klaus by? He needs to come into the casino, I'd say... now." I could here the sarcasm in his voice. Never expected less from him.

"Cant it wait till later? He's asleep." I asked checking the time. 5:40 am  "I grantee you I wouldn't be calling at this time if it wasn't important Avery." He reassured me. "I mean I'm not Kyrie." The sarcasm was back. It made me chuckle Harvey's jokes always did. Reminds me over Denver.

"I'll let him now." I told him hanging up the phone. I hesitated and took a deep breath. I woke him up enough to explain to him what Harvey called for. He's arms wrapped around my waist tightly for a minute before he kissed stomach and went to the bathroom.

I laid back staring at the wall as the only thing I heard was the water faucet then the shower in the bathroom. I brought my hand up to my eye to scratch it when I stopped to stare at my ring. I thought on it and played with it until my face was left in a smile. Thoughts flooding my mind.

From the day I was snorting oxy with my credit card and him to the day I was running bare foot in the woods running away from the cops with him, all the way to tonight. Nothing but a fucking blessing. The good and the bad because without them both I wouldn't be here tonight.

"What are u smiling about?" Klaus came out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel. "You. The thought of us." I told him as his honey pot eyes were all over me. "Hmm." He made his way over to me bending down to my face as he lifted my head by my chin and He kissed me three times softly. "I won't be gone long, I promise."

I nodded my head and he pulled away. I watch as he got dressed, and I handed him his phone. With a smirk on my face l watched as he left the room and went downstairs. I heard as shit started moving left and right and counted till I heard his voice again. "Avery, have you-" I cut him off. "You left your gun in my car last night."