The Royal Necklace

It was the night of the foreign ball

It was the night of the foreign ball. We were seated at our table front and center right in the middle of both royal families. I said hello to them both of the families besides Mr.DeLise and his sons, they must be running late I thought.

As soon as I said that my mother was tapped on the shoulder. "What an absolutely beautiful woman. Naomi, darling how are you." Mr.DeLise said standing my mother up and pulling her into a hug. They greeted one another and he greeted my father than everyone around the table. Then it got to me and Klaus.

He greeted Klaus then left his boys to greet me. Auberon and Caspian, we're their names. They each took a hand of mine and kissed it. I wiped both their kisses off as secretly as I could. We all at there as my father tried to sell me to them even more.

My favorite color, my favorite book, my best friend. Yet they were all wrong he continued unknowing the fact that I am engaged. My ring was covered by the silk white glove I wore.

"Auberon and Caspian, correct? I would like you both to meet my fiancé, unfortunately Chloe's couldn't make it but I'll leave a message for him if you'd like." I said as I spotted Shana on the in door balcony trying to get my attention.

"If you boys don't mind I'll head to the restroom." I told them as I stood up fixing my chair leaving a kiss on Klaus and a surprising look on my fathers face.

I made it up to the balcony to meet Shana and she looked absolutely stunning. She wasted no time and got straight to the point.

"The necklace is on the other side of the house. We have 2 minutes to get in while the guards switch out and 10 minutes before the go into the locked room to check on the necklace." She started walking and I followed.

"The key?" I asked and she pulled out a red key card that was marked in the royal families name. As we turned corners we were very careful. "So explain to me, how exactly did you meet Baylen." I asked eagerly.

"A few months ago not to long after my birthday, I came back to the casino with some friends. Baylen was there and I'm sure you know what happened that night." She told me almost blushing. It would be my first time truly seeing a smile on her face, Baylen must mean a lot.

"I met with him several more times and eventually he told me about his situation and when I told him I could get him out of it a week later he proposed." She lifted her hand to show my the gorgeous rock on her hand.

As I complimented her ring two guards walked pass us without acknowledging our existence, we made our way to the room of the necklace and locked the door behind us. She was quick to pick up the glass case that laid over the necklace but I stopped her.

"We touch the necklace and the entire house is on lockdown. Alarms with Blair and locks won't be able to unlock without the daughters finger print. The necklace is sitting on a Weight alarm, we something just as heavy and just as gold. One pound to much or to little and we're caught."

She looked at me with a smile. "And you wondered why I needed you. Do you have anything on you?" She asked placing the glass box on the floor.

"Nothing as light as the necklace, maybe the knife but I'm not a hundred percent." I explained. "My knife... my mum had gifted a knife on my 16th birthday it's gold plated and has enough weight to match the diamonds on the necklace"

She quickly lifted her dress taking the knife she had put in her tights. "We have only 5 seconds to switch out the objects before the alarms go off." I told her as I placed my hands on the necklace.

We counted to five before I lifted the necklace and she placed the knife. We quickly exited the room and stood behind the door waiting for the alarms to go off.

...but there was nothing. We did it. I handed her the necklace and she hugged me. I know this meant a lot for her and I was glad to finally be on her good side.

"Go sit before Klaus starts asking where you went. I'm going to get Baylen and be on my way, I can't thank you enough for tonight."

We went our separate ways and when I sat down everyone's eyes were on me. "What took you so long." My father asked. "I ran into some friends. Mom if you don't mind I'd like to leave."

"Yes of course. Mr.DeLise, darling a deal is a deal." My mother told him as we all stood up to leave. He placed the check in her hands and he said good bye to us. His boys didn't even give me a second glance and it left a smile on my face. When we all got out side I hugged Francesca. "I'll see you at home?" I asked her.

"Tomorrow morning." She winked at me. I took Klaus's hand as we walked to the car. "Something you'd like to tell me, Avery?" We we're stopped in out tracks by Anthony's voice.

"Did I leave anything out at the table dad?" He looked me up and down before saying anything else. "Do you have any idea who's son that is."

"Your past does not allow you to write my future. You don't want to be reminded of your fucking actions, fine. I have mom's blessing, so I sure as hell don't need yours. I'm sure it would be half ass anyways, so please dad let me live."

I took Klaus's hand once more before getting into the car. He started the engine but didn't move. "Do I have the right to remove the dress now or?" I laughed and kissed him. "Can't wait 5 minutes we aren't to far off." I told him.

" I told him