return

A/N: Okay, I've been getting some confusion. I get it. Here's some of the more tangled-up facts in this story just to clear some things up.

1. Link and Zelda are not related in any shape or form. Link is son of Queen Zelda and an unnamed soldier. Zelda is the daughter of King Rhoam and an unnamed woman. Link is an accident and Zelda serves as a cover-up because if Link looks like his father, which he does, that would raise suspicion. They switched children because of looks and Zelda was raised as a Princess when she has no royal blood whatsoever.

2. When Link used the Ocarina of Time, he doubled the timeline into two identical parts and got transported to the new one. Whatever happens in this timeline, due to Link messing things up, is completely separate and parallel from what happened in the first half. Such as the fact that the Tera exists here (because of something Link did) and didn't before the time-whatever. 

3. This current timeframe is before Zelink and the time of the Champions. They'd all know Link as the Hero but not as a Champion. 

If there are any more questions, I'll do my best to answer them. 

     "You know what, it would be a waste of time to go to the Gerudo Desert."

     Everybody's eyes, including Mipha who had joined us a couple minutes earlier, jumped to me in shock. 

     "Wait what?" Sadie exclaimed at the same time as Revali muttered a string of curses. Daruk was staring at me strangely and Mipha just looked taken aback.

     "Actually he's right." Zelda was frowning. "It kind of is. Think about it. The guys here can't get into Gerudo Town. What's the use of them going all that way? The girls can go on their own and speak to Urbosa without any trouble while the guys do something else more productive."

    "I was thinking we could go for a HQ in this time." I said. "When Zelda, Mipha, and Sadie come back with or without Urbosa, we'd have a place picked out and ready so we can start planning immediately when we have everyone."

     Revali rolled his eyes. Sadie said "oh, I see" and thought about it some more. Daruk looked relieved he didn't have to go all the way to the Desert, and Mipha smiled. 

(Definitely not stretching out small defining characterization moments now because I'm scared that I wouldn't be able to do that properly when things get messy... XD XD)

     "But you sure they'd be safe?" Daruk asked, scratching his head. "Not to be sexist and all but..."

     "We have all the fighters besides Mipha." Revali spat out the uncomfortable truth. "Daruk. Myself. And, even though I hate to admit it, Link. And we're not the ones who will be walking across Hyrule."

     "We'll be fine." Zelda said with an edge to her voice. "Trust us. We're going to be fighting a war together, you have to have confidence in our abilities."

     Well... Revali's kind of right... Mipha and Zelda, two Princesses who've likely had guards hovering over them their entire lives. And a six-year-old girl. Going to the Gerudo Desert from Zora's Domain on their own in these times.

     I knew I should trust them but it wasn't as easy as it sounded.

     "All I can say is good luck." I shrugged. "You don't want to be condescended upon and I don't want to overworry. Just return safe."

     Zelda's and my eyes met and a million things passed between us in the space of a breath. And I suddenly understood that everything was much more complicated than I'd have thought.