"Why didn't A'Xing go back? And where is chief?"

"A'Xing stubbornly refused to leave without seeing you and after seeing you, he threw a fit saying he won't leave unless you wake up and tell him to leave."

"Phh-  he said what? Waah that kid.."

"He was hugging the sofa and refused to let go so I didn't kick him out. Chief Zanjin returned with LI Bowen to look through things... And to check the severity of the situation"

"Hao Xuan"

"Hm?"

"I give up"

Hao Xuan frowned and turned completely towards Xiao Zhan.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's give up, let's back away..."

"You are saying this?"

"Yes, I am... My stupid recklessness really is going to cost someone's life... I can't take that burden and live with that guilt."

"And what about the things Director Han said in there? You are just going to-"

"It doesn't matter"

Hao Xuan's frown deepened, this was something Xiao Zhan would never say or even think about.

"What do you propose we do?"

"Find a safe place to move to and stay there until the things cool down. Uncle will be able to arrange this easily-"

"Wait a minute... You are saying we run away? Like, are you serious?"

"I am... Hao Xuan, you... Me, A'Xing, uncle... We are just humans who aren't even capable of protecting ourselves... We can't be a part of these charades of the human-vampire war and conflicts"

Hao Xuan was confused beyond explaination, so he simply nodded and held Xiao Zhan's arm to support him back to the hospital room.

"Yo- you'll give up and back away to safety, right? You have to protect the others too-"

"I think the medicines are taking a toll on your system, we better hurry back... Let's talk about this some other time"

"No, I'm perfectly sane... Promise me you'll-"

"Fine.. Fine, stop bursting your nerves. I'll do anything you say, just shut up and let's go"

"You promised ok! Don't you back out"

"I won't! Geez, you are such a pain in the ass. Should've left you to die there"

"And I should have made a special request to kill you myself"

Hao Xuan rolled his eyes and pinched his arm earning a high-pitched scream.

"You-"

Hao Xuan smiled in satisfaction as Xiao Zhan fumed in anger and withered in pain. The younger was about to clap back when they were startled by the screams coming from the opposite side of the hallway.

"What's happening?"

"Let's go and check-"

Xiao Zhan was about to walk towards the screams but Hao Xuan held him back.

"You go back to the room, I will go and check"

"But-"

"Go back... Now"