chapter Twenty Two.

"Murphy's law"

sᴏᴜᴛʜ ᴘᴀʀᴋ, ᴄᴏʟᴏʀᴀᴅᴏ.

"Do you think we'll ever see them again?" Delilah heard from the small window on the back of the truck, the girl sat alone in the pit, wanting to be by herself after she had been calmed by 10k, the girl plucked at her bows string as Cassandra asked the question to Warren, who sat driving along side Doc.

"Mack and Addy? My heart says yes. But my mind? My mind says no." Roberta said as Delilah squeezed her eyes shut before closing the small window to the back shut, gaining the attention of everyone inside the truck, yet she kept her back facing them.

She watched as the road they were driving along got further away from where her sister was, her head going in circles as thoughts clouded her head, how happy they all were, well as happy as they could be in an apocalyptic world, how Addy and Mack had promised the girl to never leave her side during the whole mess.

Yet here she was, alone, sure she had friends in the truck, and they too were closer to family as well now, but her own blood had turned away from her, not even saying a word as she left.

She felt betrayed, abandoned, alone.

°

Once the truck had come to a stop Delilah sat herself up looking around at the overgrown golf course they had stopped at, "D, come on." Roberta said as she walked around to the truck bed, her eyes grew soft as she looked at the once strong girl who now had tear stains stuck on her cheeks, "Stay close to me okay?" Roberta spoke as she took Delilah's hand and helped the brunette get down from the truck.

Walking over to the wooden bridge the group all tapped their feet on it "Looks pretty solid." Warren said as she looked at Doc who was jumping slightly on the bridge, walking further along Delilah's hand let go of Warrens as the radio made a static noise from her side, taking the radio from Delilah's waist Warren looked at it "Citizen z calling all cars, calling all cars."

"Delta-Xray back at you." Warren replied as her brows furrowed, "Hello! Good to hear from you again. It's been days and I worry." He spoke from the radio as Delilah smiled slightly, at least someone had hope.

"Thanks, mom. Any news on Mack and Addy?" Warren asked as Murphy glanced down at Delilah who had a look of no emotion on her face, yet her finger tips turned white as she gripped on her bow.