chapter nine

"Full metal zombie"

"Full metal zombie"

"Delilah c'mere!" Roberta yelled as she looked behind her, the pale girl was stood beside Doc, twirling an arrow between her fingers as she walked over, glancing back at the psychotic man every once in a while.

"You're going in with Doc, you be his protection if anything goes wrong you got it?" Warren says as she held the girls arms, "Got it." Delilah mumbled as she walked into the building behind Doc, "So what we got going on?" She asked the elder man as he sighed, "General said something about the general being wounded, Shouldn't of given him my oxy was going to save that for a party once we got to California." The man sighed, scratching the bald spot atop of his head whilst Delilah shook her head with a smile.

"If Murphy is going to be our saviour then we will be having tons of parties." The girl spoke when the elevator pinged. The girls gun raising straight up as the doors opened showing another man wearing an army suit holding up a gun. "Put the gun down." He yelled as Delilah glanced to Doc who nodded for her to put the handgun back into her pocket.

"You the doctor?" The man asked as his gun never left his arms.

"I am, you the general?" Doc asked as he raised his free hand in surrender, "General Arthur C. McCandles. Commander, central command, infection response forces." The man replied as he moved his gun for the two to step out of the elevator, the brunette rolled her eyes as she mumbled to herself "Could of just said yes." She mumbled looking around.

"where's your wounded man?" She asked gripping her gun "Right here." The Commander said as he lifted his trouser pant, showing the two the wound that had bled around his sock. "That's not a bite, this looks bad." Doc said as the two looked up at the man.

"It's just a scratch." The man said as Delilah shook her head, "No...that's...that's looking more like gangrene." she said as her nose scrunched slightly looking at the wound that had dug into his skin.

"Can you save the leg?" The man asked looking at Doc, Delilah's eyes widened slightly knowing that Doc wasn't a surgical medic, he just had pills nothing more nothing less.

"I'm afraid not general. It's already starting to spread..Soon the Z virus will take over, all I can do is show you mercy when the time comes." Doc said as the man's attitude changed towards the two, anger slowly creeping up on his face as he shook his head "You call that a diagnosis?" He asked as he kept his gun aimed at the two, "We call it the truth actually, you're going to die we can't do anything about that." Delilah said as she met the man's eyes, "That's what the last guy said." He mumbled before he suddenly punched Doc in the nose, Delilah's gun pointing directly at the man's head "What the hell dude! You are the one that asked for help all he did was give you the diagnosis! Didn't you learn to respect your elders." She muttered as the man breathed heavily as he grabbed the girls hair pushing her to the ground, stepping on her shoulder knocking it out of place as his first collided with her face.