Chapter fourteen

"Welcome to the Fu-Bar"

The group pulled up to a gate, that two men stood either side of with their guns, "Y'all armed?" He asked his American accent thick, way different to the ones Delilah had been used to.

"obviously" Cassandra said as Delilah nodded next to the girl, the brunette had made her way in-between Cassandra and Warren during the drive, due to dust gathering and going into her face, the girl couldn't take it anymore.

"Good. We don't have time to babysit anyone." He said as 10k pulled away in the truck, parking it next to another. Everyone looked around, "Guns and liquor. What could go wrong?" Murphy said sarcastically as Warrens head piped up "Someone say liquor?" She said as Delilah looked at the woman then at Cassandra, "So she speaks." She whispered as Cassandra let out a small laugh, everyone made their ways out of the truck as they walked to different areas, well, Roberta went to the bar, and the others followed each other to the gun range.

"Welcome to S&S limited, the finest gun show in the west. Entry fee is seven." The woman in the cowboy spoke "Seven what?" Doc asked as he pushed his hands into his pockets.

"Bullets, Oxy, grams of whatever DIY super fun time substances you got." The woman spoke as Delilah stood beside 10k.

"Well I think I got some crystal back in the truck. It's the good stuff too. Yeah. " Doc said as he seemed happy with himself, the group watched as the man next to the woman moved his hat with his gun, a loud groan left Delilah's lips as she realised who it was.

"Back off with the toilet bowl cleanser meth. We only take that genuine vein splitting take you right out of this beautiful apocalypse and -into a hell hole- meth." The man spoke as Delilah's body stiffened, her hand around 10k's dagger made her knuckles turn white as the man made eye contact with the girl.

"Well slap my ass and call me Sally if it ain't sketchy McClain." Doc grinned as the two men hugged each other laughing at nothing.

Delilah looked around sighing as she twirled the dagger in-between her fingers, the group following behind Sketchy and Doc as he walked over to a table full of ammo, "You see Zombies, they move in mysterious ways. We were on our last legs when we came upon this truckload of sweet weaponry under attack. We had to give the former owners mercy, and in return, they gave us this wonderful vehicle with enough gas to get us here to Kansas."

Delilah scrunched her nose as she moved beside Cassandra, men grabbing guns stared at the two women, as they nudged and smirked at one another.

"Hey I gotta show you the new and improved Z-whacker." Sketchy said as he held up a fork, making himself and the dead looking junkie behind him laugh, "Hey, speaking of Z-whacker, what happened to the girl you were with, did she..." He stopped and made a slicing throat motion with his finger, Delilah frowned as Doc looked back at the girl knowing she seemed lost and anxious without her sister. "no, man. We're still traveling together. They went ahead looking for help. Kinda thought they'd end up here. " Doc said as the man shook his head.