39 - A Curious Thing

Flashback: The Enchanted Forest - One Year Ago...

A rider hurriedly galloped through the woods of the Enchanted Forest.

Inside the Dark Castle, Prince Charming, Priscilla, Aleena, Branston and Snow White were arguing with the Evil Queen as Aurora and Prince Phillip were present, "You've gathered the entire kingdom for this? There's a Wicked Witch out there, just waiting to pounce. And pretending otherwise would be dangerous," The Evil Queen said.

"There's nothing dangerous about rallying the people," Prince Charming said.

"You're announcing you're pregnant. It's not like you invented the wheel," The Evil Queen said.

Belle and Calliope entered Regina' chambers with their cloak hoods up, "What's this?" Prince Charming asked.

Belle and Calliope removed their hoods and looked at them, "Belle? Callie?" Priscilla said.

"Are you okay? When you and Neal disappeared, we feared the worst," Prince Charming said.

"We went off to see if we could revive the Dark One," Belle said.

"What happened?" The Evil Queen asked.

"Neal was able to resurrect him... A...At the cost of his own life," Belle said.

"Rumpel's alive," The Evil Queen said relieved.

"Neal is dead," Snow White said shocked and turned to Priscilla who stood there shooked.

"We think so," Calliope said.

"To which?" The Evil Queen asked.

"Both. You see, when Rumpel saw that Neal was dying he," Calliope began to gesture descriptively, "Uh, he absorbed him and Zelena got ahold of the dagger. Now, she controls Rumpel," Calliope said.

Aurora looked at Prince Phillip worriedly, "Maybe, now isn't the time to announce the pregnancy. Regina is right. It's too dangerous," Aurora said to Priscilla and Prince Charming.

"No, if we don't, we give in to fear. But, if we do, we give the kingdoms what they need, hope," Priscilla said.

"We don't even know what this Wicked Witch wants," Prince Charming said.

"Actually, we do," Everyone looked at Aurora, "She wants your baby," Aurora told them.

"Excuse me?" Priscilla said.

"She came to us when you were gone. Threatened us and our unborn child, unless we told her when you arrived in our land," Prince Phillip said.

"She thinks your baby could be important. I'm so sorry, she said she'd hurt us," Aurora said.

They were startled by a gush of wind all of them turned around to see the Wicked Witch flying in on her broomstick, "And I make good on my promises," The Wicked Witch said.

Aurora and Prince Phillip backed away in fear, the Wicked Witch used her magic to engulf the two of them in green smoke transforming them into flying monkeys, they both shrieked and took off flying.