9 - Good Form

Flashback: Many Years Ago...

In a tavern, Killian Jones was drinking alone at a table, he threw some doubloon on the table before he stumbled out of the tavern. He drunkenly walked through the town until he bumped into someone, "Oh, gosh! I'm terribly sorry Sir," A woman said.

"Sir? Love, I think you're more than I if you think I am a sir," Killian soon heard the sound of a party, "What's with all the noise? The sailors won't like it," Killian said.

"Oh... I'm sorry, my father insisted the people celebrated with us for my birthday," The woman said.

"And who are you to have the people celebrate with you?" Killian asked.

The woman chuckled and removed the hood of the cloak, "I'm..." She began to say.

"Princess Esme! We brought out the cake," Esme and Killian looked towards the cake, "18 years old, needs to celebrate!" A villager said and everyone cheered.

Esme chuckled and she looked at Killian who stared at her stunned, "You know my name... What's yours, sir?" Esme asked.

 What's yours, sir?" Esme asked

"K...Killian... Killian Jones, Princess," Killian said and he tried to bow but ended up toppling over.

"Gosh!" Esme crouched down and helped him to sit up, "Are you okay?" Esme asked.

"You really shouldn't worry about me princess. You should enjoy your party without a drunk," Killian said.

"Why wouldn't I want you there? You're a part of my land, you have a right whether your a drunk or not... I just see a man who's hurting," Esme said.

"I'm no man, I'm just a simple drunken deckhand," Killian said.

"Even deckhands are men," Esme smiled as Killian looked at her, "I know there's more to you than meets the eye, Killian. There's something hidden beneath, waiting to surface, waiting to take control, something that will turn this... Simple drunken deckhand into a man many will follow and fear," Esme said with a smile.

 Simple drunken deckhand into a man many will follow and fear," Esme said with a smile