12 - Impossible Girl (Original Ep: Ariel)

Regina and Mr Gold were still at the clearing after the shadow had flown off, "What is this, amateur hour?" Mr Gold looked at her, "Did you really think that was Callie?" Regina asked.

"Why are you here?" Mr Gold asked as he turned to her.

"Well, for starters, it appears I'm saving your ass. You were about to be Pan's lunch," Regina said.

"Oh, what do you care?" Mr Gold asked.

"I care because I've been camping with the Charming's and Nightingale's for a week and getting nowhere," Mr Gold looked at her, "David's confessed to Priscilla. If we're gonna get Henry and Julia, I need you. I need Rumpelstiltskin," Regina said.

"Well, the problem, dearie, is that Rumpelstiltskin can only stop Pan by dying," Mr Gold said.

"You're not gonna die at anyone's hands but my own. We're two of the most powerful practitioners of magic who have ever lived. The Evil Queen and the Dark One joining forces? I'd say we can find another way to handle one smug teenager," Regina said.

"You've never faced him. I have. And I know what killing him requires. And that is... My life," Mr Gold said.

"Well, as much as I want to, maybe we don't need to kill him. If that's the case, then... Maybe we can find another way... Something to contain him, some other fate," Regina said.

"A fate worse than death," Mr Gold said.

Regina smirked, "Now we're talking. There's my malevolent imp. Is there a spell you know? Something we can enact?" Regina asked.

"No. But back in my shop. I might have just the thing," Mr Gold said.

"Well, why didn't you bring it with you in the first place?" Regina said, annoyedly.

"Because I came here to kill him and die in the process!" Mr Gold snapped.

Regina laughed, "Well, I could've told you that wasn't gonna happen. You forget, dear. I've known you for a long time. I know all about your survival instincts," Regina said.

"Yeah, well, they just kicked in," Mr Gold said.

"Good. So now we just need a change of plans. We need to get back to your shop, pick up this magical item, and then all of our problems are solved," Regina said.

"Crossing realms? Is that all?" Mr Gold asked.

"Yes. That's all," Regina said.

Flashback

Emily was cuffed as she stood in front of her husband, "Well, this is new," Emily said.

"You've been seen with a pirate," John said.

"Indeed," Emily said.

"You're not going to deny that you have a relationship with him?" John asked.