36 - The Jolly Roger

At Granny's Diner, Killian stood with Faye, David and Ariel talking about Prince Eric, "Come on. Think hard, Hook. Are you sure you can't remember anything that can be useful?" David asked.

"My apologies, mate, but if I'd run across a prince during my adventure, I think I'd remember it," Killian said.

"I just... I don't understand. How could he vanish without a trace?" Ariel said.

"That's it. Maybe he didn't," Faye said.

"What do you mean?" David asked.

"When the curse brought us back here, it brought our things, too. My papa's shop is filled with them," Faye said.

"And if we find something of Eric's, we can use a locator spell to track him," David said.

"Let's go," Ariel said.

"Sounds like a plan. Best of luck with that," Killian said as he turned around and started to walk away.

"Oh, wait, no. You should come with us. You might remember something that we won't... Or can't. You'd be far more helpful than us," David said.

"Well, someone has to keep an eye on the twins," Killian said.

"Well, Priscilla and I can take over. She needs her rest now anyway," David said.

"Speaking as if it's my naptime?" Faye said.

"I didn't mean it like that," David said.

Killian looked at David, "Could we have a talk for a moment?" Killian said and the two moved to the side to talk in private.

"What is it?" David asked.

"You sure this is such a good idea, mate? Let's be honest... There's only one obvious explanation why the little mermaid here can't find her prince. He's dead. There's no reason to ply her with false hope," Killian said.

"In my experience, there's no such thing. You just have to believe. Now go. Good luck," David said.

Flashback: Enchanted Forest - One Year Ago...

Killian, Ariel and Mr Smee were walking through the forest, "Trudge, trudge, trudge. If you ask me, there's nothing more boring than land travel. I'll take my tail in the ocean any day," Ariel said.

"That's one thing we can agree on... Minus the tail, of course. You won't be bored for much longer. Our destination is just past this rise," Captain Hook said.

"Then it won't be long until I'm reunited," Ariel said as her cloak got caught on a branch and she stopped walking.

Captain Hook walked to her, "Here. I got it," He said and pulled the cloak from the branch harshly.

Ariel saw the ripped cloak, "You've ripped it!" Ariel said and she turned to her.

"It's a cloak," Captain Hook said.

"It's Eric's cloak. And he's had it since before we met. He left it with me while he was away to keep him close and now you have ruined it!" Ariel said.

 He left it with me while he was away to keep him close and now you have ruined it!" Ariel said