16

Mikey's POV

After a week, Megumi finally accepted her sister in her past household. We decided to visit her grave in Miyagi that Kakucho has taken care of.

The death of her father was also on the news and was identified as s*ic*de and the case was closed.

Kakucho also made sure that no evidence of him going and killing him was found.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I let Megumi have her time so I left her in front of her sister's grave. I was watching from afar with Sanzu in the car.

She's crying again.

I know that it's normal for kids like her to cry about a loss. I also did that in the past a few times.

But watching her cry makes me feel something that I haven't felt in a long time.

Pain?

Am I hurt seeing someone else cry? I have seen others cry before they get killed but there's nothing.

Is it because she's just a child and now I call her daughter?

I don't know...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Megumi has been staring at the air and has been talking to no one.

Maybe she's saying her goodbyes, it's normal when you talk to the dead right?

After a few moments, it looks like she was finished and was approaching us.

She waved her hand towards the grave before turning to me and smiled tiredly and sadly.

We entered the car and went back to Tokyo. The whole ride was silent and the sound of the car can only be heard.

Megumi was looking out the window with puffy eyes. She leaned to my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Papa" she said with a soft voice

"Hmm?"

"Why does it hurt when someone you like becomes a spirit?" She asked.

"It's because you love them that you don't want them to go." I simply replied.

"Then, will you be sad if mama becomes a spirit too?" She asked but I didn't reply immediately.

The dream where Y/n disappeared when I touched her flashed in my mind.

"Papa?" She called again

"Yeah?"

"Thank you" she said and I looked at her.

"For what?" I asked

"For trying to help nee-chan. She said that she's happy to be treated well before she leaves." She said

"It's the least we could do because I promised to help but we failed," I said and looked out the window.

The car was silent again and I think Megumi has fallen asleep so I laid her head on my lap and made her comfortable.

"Sanzu" I called to the pinkette who was driving.

"Hai? (Yes?)" he quickly responded

"Drive slowly" I said and he nodded.

The drive was slow but peaceful, we arrived at the penthouse after 6 and a half hours.

_________________________

Timeskip after 2 months in Hong Kong

Rindou's POV

"Brother, let's get this finished tonight. I want to go home and play with Megumi again!" Ran whined