15

Megumi's POV

Living here with papa and mama is fun but they would always be busy with work so mama would play with me in my room. Harucchi also played with me yesterday, he also has work to do today so he's not home. Ran-san and Rin-san are also away from home, Akashi-san and Mochi-san also left a while ago.

"Mama?" I asked

"Hmm?"

"Why is everyone busy?" I asked

"Because they have work to do." She said

"Is papa going to finish work today?"

"Well, that is something I don't know." she said with a smile

"Are sad because papa can't play with Megumi?" She asked

"Yes, but if papa is busy then there's nothing I can do. Megumi is a good girl and wait for papa." I said with a big smile

"Aww, our daughter is so patient" she said with a smile.

When mama and papa call me their daughter, my heart jumps with happiness. I know that I'm just adopted but they treat me better here. I wish nee-san will come soon.

While we were busy drawing the book that papa gave me, I heard a car outside so I peeked out the window.

"Mama, look, it's Kakucchi. He's home!" I said while excitedly jumping up and down and pointing at the window.

"Do you like Hitto-kun?" Mama asked and I nodded

"Yeah! Kakucchi is kind and gentle." I said and she smiled. When I looked out the window, I Kakucchi also saw me and I waved with a big smile. He also waved back with a small smile and entered the big house.

"Mama, let's go meet Kakucchi!" I said and she laughed.

"You can go, I will be in papa's room, okay?" She said and I nodded before going to the tv room (living room).

Before I entered the room, I decided to surprise Kakucchi so I carefully walked and slowly went to the room.

I heard some voices talking. It was Kakucchi and papa.

"I was too late" I heard Kakucchi said

"I see, did you take care of everything?" papa asked

"Yes, I also found some files about the kid." Kakucchi replied

"Alright, we'll talk about this later. Don't tell her anything." Papa said and I went out.

"Tell who, papa?" I asked and they looked at me.

"Megumi, why are you here?" Papa asked and I went near him.

"I just wanted to greet Kakucchi since he was away for so long." I said

"He was just gone for 3 days." Papa said.

"But mama said that anything that is more than two is many so it means he was gone for many days." I said and papa ruffled my hair.

"I see, if  your mama says so then it's true." He said and I smiled before I turned to Kakucchi.

" Okaeri (Welcome home), Kakucchi!" I said and smiled.

"Tadaima (I'm back)" he said with a smile. I know he was tired because of work because everyone here does, so I didn't bother him to play with me.

When he was about to exit the room, I saw someone behind him. My mouth opened and my eyes started to water.

"What's wrong?" Papa asked and kneeled in front of me.

"P-papa, w-why is nee-chan's spirit here?" I asked while looking at him.

"What do you mean?" He said and I looked in the direction where nee-chan was standing.

"Megumi?" Kakucchi asked but I kept staring at nee-chan who was standing near the door with a smile.

"I-is nee-chan, gone?" I asked them but they didn't answer.

"Nee-chan, w-why?" I asked while crying.

"What are you looking at, Megumi?" Papa asked and I looked at him.

"Papa, can't you see nee-chan? She's standing there." I weakly said and pointed in her direction.

"But, there's nothing there." Kakucchi said.

"Kakucchi can't see her but papa could, right? Papa can see mama so can you see nee-chan too?" I desperately asked while holding his hand.

He looked in the direction I looked and turned to me again.

"I'm sorry but I can't see anyone there." Papa said and I collapsed but he caught me.

"Megumi, are you okay?" Kakucchi asked and papa carried me.

"Papa, you said you'll save nee-chan, why is she saying goodbye to me?" I said while I hugged him tightly.

"Megumi" he said

"I didn't even see and hug her personally." I said and he was rubbing circles on my back.

"Megumi calm down a little." Papa said but my cries didn't stop.

"It was his fault, right? He hurt nee-chan too much, he always do." I said

"Megumi"

I can't stop crying, I can't help it. Nee-chan is gone, I promised to find help but it was late.

________________________

Mikey's POV

Megumi, how did she know that her sister was dead? What does she mean by "spirit"?

No matter how I pat or stroke her back, she won't stop crying. She's already having some hiccups and it looks like it won't stop soon.

She'll exhaust herself, the doctor said to let her rest but with this, it won't happen. She's stressing so much.

"Kakucho, I'll talk to you about it later. Go take some rest." I said and left.

I went to the bedroom as fast as I can and I saw Y/n in her usual spot.

"Y/n" I called and she looked at us. She smiled softly and pat the bed.

It's like she already knows what happened and what to do so I laid down with Megumi on the bed and Y/n also laid down.

With Megumi in the middle, she started to hum her tune and I stroked my daughter's hair as gently as I can.

I don't really know how to be a parent, never had one.

But I remembered how my brother comforted Emma when she was crying like this.

Y/n's soft voice slowly calmed Megumi and eventually, she fell asleep. She didn't stop humming and looked at me calmly.

Her eyes were telling me to go to sleep too but I still have some work to do.

I tried to get up but Megumi was holding tight on my arm so I can't get out.

Y/n smiled victoriously and I sighed in defeat.

My mind was filled with questions because of what happened.

Why did Megumi say that if I could see Y/n, I could also see her sister who Kakkucho said had died?

What can she see?

How did she know about someone being dead when no one told her?

More and more questions were piling up but with Y/n's gentle voice, I started to dose off and eventually fell asleep too.

The last thing I heard was a sweet goodnight from Y/n to me and Megumi, along with a cold but heartwarming gust of wind.

« ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ »