Chapter 9- Confessions

*Alberto's pov*

Alberto awoke with Luca cuddled up to him, much like morning before. He wanted to get up but didn't as to not wake Luca. His thoughts wondered to their conversation last night. He was happy that his words had comforted Luca, though he probably would still fret about his parents.

Luca and Giulia had only been back for 2 days, yet Alberto's love was so strong, he knew he should confess to Luca soon before he did anything he'd regret. He looked down at Luca. How could anyone not love that face? His brushed a curl away from between Luca's eyebrows.

"mm?" Luca mumbled, slightly awake.

"Shit' Alberto whispered to himself 'Go back to sleep, darling.' he glanced at the clock. 6:30am. It was only just light outside 'It's early."

Luca said nothing but tightened his grip around Alberto's torso. Alberto blushed, glad that Luca was asleep so he couldn't see his face. He thought shifted to confessing to Luca once more. How would he even do it? Should he take him somewhere? The beach where they met? No, that seemed cheesy. A restaurant? No, he wanted to be alone with Luca. Alberto face palmed in frustration with his free hand. Why was love so confusing? He looked down at Luca again. But the confusion was worth it for Luca. He smiled to himself. He decided to finally get up, gingerly getting of bed without stirring Luca. He tiptoed down the hallway to Giulia's room. He knocked on the door.

"Giulia? Can I come on?" he whisper-yelled.

"What? Yeah" She said groggily. He walked in. laughing at her sleepy state.

"I only just woke up!' she complained 'What do you want?" she said, rubbing one eye.

"I'm assuming you've already figured this out, but I- I like Luca. A lot." he said, sitting down on her bed.

Giulia looked over at him, fully awake now. "I think it's a bit more than just LiKiNg him now, fratello." she chuckled.

"Ok, ok, I LOVE Luca. A lot. Like, a lot a lot." he said, looking over at her.

"Eee! You finally said it! Ok, well seeing as you already knew that I knew, (hope that makes sense) what'd you come in here for?" she asked.

"I wanna figure out how and where I should tell him that I love him.' he said 'Wow, it's weird finally
saying it out loud."

"Well, what does Luca enjoy?" Giulia said.

"Star stuff! It's called astronomy, right?"

"Yeah, astronomy' she replied 'Well, Luca has his own telescope, but it's too heavy to take anywhere far. Oh! Signor Bernardi still lets me use his from time to time. You can use that. Maybe take it to the beach or something?"

"No, the beach doesn't seem very.. significant."

"What about.. your tower island?"

Alberto thought about it. He thought taking Luca somewhere from their childhood might be cheesy, but the tower did have a great view of the stars. "Hey- that's not a half bad idea. So I take him to the island with the telescope. Then what?"

"Well, I think a surprise would be really sweet. I'm sure you could take some blankets and pillows from the living room and make the tower all comfy. Then, you know, spend time with him looking through the telescope and when the time is right.. tell him how you feel."

Alberto tried to not look nervous "I'll try my best' he said with a small smile 'Thank you, Giulie" hugging her.

She hugged him back, when they were interrupted by Luca opening the door.