Chapter 4

*continuing from last chapter*

Luca's POV:

The boys sat in a comfortable silence. Luca looked over at Alberto. His eyes were closed and he was smiling lightly, enjoying the warmth of the breeze. Luca blushed at the sight of him. Alberto turned his head toward him "Admiring the view?' he smirked 'maybe I should pose?' he joked. Luca went even redder "W-what?? No!!" he said, covering his face. He looked over at the sea "It uh, it's really beautiful, isn't it?" he said, changing the subject.

"Mhm" Alberto said, half smirking while looking at Luca, for a little too long.

Luca looked over "Whos admiring the view now?" he said

"Shut up" he said laughing lightly, pushing Luca.
Luca pushed him back, giggling.

"Oh! I almost forgot! I really want to visit my parents. Wanna come with?" Luca said after a short pause.

"Nah, you're ok. I'll stay here" Alberto said.

"Ok, see you later Beto." Luca said, jumping into the water.

"B-bye" he replied.

Luca swam off into the family farm, until he reached his house. "Mom!! Dad!! Granma!!" he said, racing inside.

"Luca!!" his mum yelled, hugging him tightly. "Oh, we missed you so much!! I'm so glad you've graduated!! Did you have a good time? How are your friends? Was anyone mean to you? Because I'm sure Guilia's mom could sort that ou-"

"Mom! I'm fine! School was amazing, I loved it there, even though I couldn't  see all of you. And, uh, no one was mean to me." he half lied that last part. Luca adored skirts, anytime Giulia got one from a relative she would give it to him, and he also wore skirts to school. Most people were fine with it, it couldn't be any weirder than him being a sea monster, but some people would taunt him on his way to and from school. Sometimes Giulia would shoo them off, other times they had to run black to avoid Luca getting a black eye.

"I'm very glad to hear that. Now go see your dad and grandma!" she said, kissing his head.
~
*No ones pov*

After Luca had seen all his family, he swam back to island, where he saw Alberto carving something out of wood.

"Hey Berto, what you carving?" he asked

Alberto jumped "Oh! I didn't hear you walk over. It's um, it's you." he said

Luca looked over his shoulder and gasped. The little figure looked EXACTLY like him. It even had individual curls on it's head.

"If you don't like it, I can always throw it in the fire" Alberto said, somewhat coldly.

"Berto, this is AMAZING! It looks exactly like me! You're really talented" Luca exclaimed, squeezing Alberto's shoulders.

Alberto blushed "R-really?"

"Yeah!"

"-Thank you" he said softly, staring into Luca's eyes. (I know it's cliche shut up)

They both noticed how close their faces were "SO UHM- where do you wanna sleep?" Alberto said, a little too loudly, breaking the silence.

"Ummm probably at Massimo's"

" 'K, let's go" Alberto said

ALBERTOS POV:

They swam back to Massimo's. Luca swam a bit ahead. Alberto couldn't help but stare at him. He was just so mesmerising. His human form was adorable and cute, his sea monster form was beautiful, he couldn't imagine a more perfect colour for his scales.