CHAPTER - TRUST

HER

"Akka, I think Siddhanth is going to be really angry-"

"What are you guys planning on to make me angry?" The blood in my face must have dissipated when I almost let out a scream, hearing his voice from behind my back as I stood at Akka's door, watching her pack her stuff.

"Siddhanth-"

"Akka, where do you think you are going?"

"I am going to visit Mrs. Shetty, do you have a problem Siddhanth?"

"Akka, are you forgetting that you are six and a half months-"

"Yeah, I know. My clothes have reminded me of that abundantly."

His eyes widened as he walked across the room taking in the mess she had made of her room, himself.

"'Akka, traveling at this point in time is not safe-"

"Yeah, and living amid people like Vivaan and Harsh is-"

He turned to face me, the look on his face begged for me to speak in, but I had already made a promise.

"Akka I think my phone is ringing-" I took their leave as I hurried inside Siddhnath's room, shutting it close behind me. I had just closed my eyes, trying to take in a deep breath when I heard a knock on my door.

Why is peace so expensive? I thought.

I twisted the doorknob and there he welcomed himself in, pushing me back into his room.

"Ouch-" I winced as I twisted my ankle.

"What?" His face softened as his eyes fell on my foot, which I handheld in my palm as I sat over the edge of the bed.

"Nothing," I mumbled.

"Was this your idea Ms. Shetty?"

"What idea?"

"'Why is my sister so hell-bent to visit Delhi?"

"I don't know Siddhanth, maybe it has something to do with what happened-" I took a swift glance at my wristwatch to add emphasis, "- I don't know, two hours ago maybe?"

"Couldn't you counsel her out of her bad decision? I thought you were best friends?"

"Yeah I tried, but her deciding upon only visiting Delhi and not leaving the town for lord knows where sounded better to me-"

"What?"

"She wanted to run away Siddhanth! She is too stressed out at this point and I could not argue with her anymore."

"And exactly how are you guys making it to Delhi? Via road or would you rent a pirate jet, Ms. Shetty?" He ambled across the space between us, his eyes boring into me, but that did not make me lose my ground.

"You know, if I wanted, I could-" I said as he sat next to me, gently taking my fingers off my foot and garnering it in his hands, making me turn to face him. He massaged my ankle, sending chills down my spine as my breath hitched, my body's way of reacting under his touch. A smile splayed across his lips as he watched me wither with his fingers gliding over my skin.

"Baba's plane will be ready in two hours! Guys, I am so fucking excited!" Akka barged in making me pull my foot quickly, but I guess she had already witnessed our little moment.

"Siddhanth, I am telling you, ask Mrs. Shetty to marry her and you can rub her feet all you want jeez!" Akka rolled her eyes making me blush so hard, I wanted to hide behind the hefty man who had caused me embarrassment.

"You told Baba that you're flying to Delhi?" He cocked his brow up as Akka shrugged, pulling a few toiletries out of Siddhanth's cabinet.

"Oh-" He said standing up, placing his hands over his waist, "Of Course you did." He walked over to Akka who was trying to bend down to reach for something in the cabinets situated under the sink.