CHAPTER 4 - SAFE

R Madhavan as Dr

   R Madhavan as Dr. AdityaRaj Madhavan.

HER

"Hello, miss, how are you feeling today?" Dr. AdityaRaj Madhavan - Head of General, tried to make me comfortable as his friend placed me on the hospital bed. I looked up at him, and then at his friend, with nervous eyes. The stranger's soft smile disappeared and he shifted closer to me.

"Is there a problem, mam?" He asked with genuine concern.

"Aiyo! There is a problem!"

I thought to myself. I gently shook my head he sensed my discomfort.

"Aditya. How do we want to proceed? Are the cuts and bruises deep?" He talked for me as if he was the adult and I...I was a little girl lost in a new city. (Now, wasn't I?)

"I will now examine the wounds, to clear the entire picture to you..." I looked at the stranger apprahensively, shaking my head in the slightest no. He looked at me and came to my side of the bed.

"Aditya, can I please talk to...my...my friend here. In private?"

"Sure! But hurry up. The bloodstains look like the cuts are deep."

Aditya left the room with a writing pad in his hand. Meanwhile, his friend turned towards me, and before he could pose a question, I yelped.

"I AM TERRIFIED OF DOCTORS!!!!" I am pretty sure Aditya and the entire unit must have heard my wailing.

To my surprise, this stranger held my hand, in the most respectful, softest manner and looked me straight in the eyes. He meant business.

"What is your name?"

I gave him a bemused look but the sincerity of the question in his eyes, made me feel like this wasn't the right time for another question.

"Suhaana"

"Alright, Suhaana." His grip on my hand felt tighter. He lowered his face to look directly at me. We were now looking into each other's eyes. I felt the same sensation in my chest but decided to concentrate without blushing, as if it were in my power. My pupils must've dilated because when I looked into his deep brown eyes, I felt my heart churn.

"Now, listen to me very closely. I AM here for you. Here is my friend of 10 years, he is an exceptional doctor and a surgeon. And I will make sure that you only get the best, in the most comfortable way, possible. If you want, I'll be here with you throughout the checkup, I won't leave your sight, but right now you have to place your trust in me, and fear aside, because we cannot lose any more time, We cannot let your knee become septic for I couldn't clean it, haina?" We don't want it, right?" I couldn't blink. Because I was deep into what he was assuring me of.

He looked at me with his deep eyes, talking to me in the softest, yet manly voice I had ever heard in my life. It looked like a mature, elder person just talked a little girl into a doctor's checkup. Yes. He had talked me in. I slightly nodded my head like a child who had just understood something brand new - like brand new information, and was sold by the concept of it.