CHAPTER 52 - DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

HIM

I scrambled my way out of my car, the ride home wasn't supposed to be that uncomfortable and emotionally exhausting, but Trehan Ji's words churned my gut with a feeling that made me want to throw up all the way home. My father's assistant of years practically begged me to be home, upon his one phone call, and no matter how safe I had been playing, I knew I had just invited all hell to lose upon me, which by the way I wasn't afraid of. The palpability of this situation hadn't been so dense to handle had I been home already, with my family. All sorts of thoughts had begun sprouting in my head as I sprinted all the way to my sister's apartment's door, which I had not anticipated being ajar.

"Soumya, I know my brother has ruined your life, but let me take responsibility for this child-"

The fingernails of my fingers dug deep into my palm as if desperate to dig his grave right at my sister's feet, where the bastard had the audacity to be sitting. My sister's eyes traveled from her lap to my eyes, where she could see the blood I had on my mind.

"Sidh-Sidhanth-" She scrabbled out of the couch chair, amid the fluffy pillows and the blankets. The man who had been kneeling at her feet, had to make way for her as I took slow, but definite steps towards him. I did not care had Ii killed him, had I got my hands painted with bloo-

"Siddhanth! Listen to me!" Akka yelled, grabbing me by my collar, bringing me back to the living room where we all stood in between. Her screech had caused yet another door to open, causing Suhaana to dash out of it.

"Akka- Siddh- Siddhanth-" Her eyes laid on my emotionally disheveled self after making sure Akka was alright although desperate for my attention towards her.

"Siddhanth! Listen to me-" she pleaded, taking hold of my hand into her soft, cloud-like ones. I broke staring in the line of my vision to turn to my sister, whose eyes had already welled up with apprehension, like all her worst fears would be coming true soon.

The man rose to his feet taking the support of the couch, before turning around. His face, god his fuckiNg face, how I had thrashed it, causing him to land in the fucking hospital! I wish, I wish I had acted upon all my fantasies that night, to have avoided seeing this sight once again.

"Soumya, please take a seat, I am afraid you are stressing the child-"

I did not realize when I had broken the barrier of my sister's hold on my hands and arms when I ploughed my way to him, my molars gnashing against one another. My jaw had tightened so hard that it had begun to hurt but here I was yearning to hurt someone else.

"How fucking dare you?" I pulled the man by his collar, his bated breath hitching with every second that I had his throat in my claws.

"Siddhanth! Leave him! I said leave him!" Akka bellowed pulling my away from him, but it was too late, too late for me to come back to my senses because by the time she had managed to pull me apart from the disgusting excuse of a human being, I had strangled his neck to the point his face had turned red and eyes almost out of their sockets, which by the way, was a sight I dearly enjoyed. He collapsed onto the floor yeezing, making me pounce onto him once again.

I will kill him.

I plunged onto him once again, this time sitting at the top of him and pummelling the life out of his face until he had started to cough blood.

*Slap!*

I had been dragged from my position from his torso by the collar of my shirt as I felt another stinging sensation onto my left cheek.

*Slap!*

And another

*Slap!*

"What the fuck are you doing Siddhanth!" My sister punched onto my chest, hitting my face with her palms, her agonising weeps filling our once happy abode.