' Bondita...you have to become an example for the girls around you. You are a mashal Bondita... Girls and women of your age would follow you... would take courage from you. That is what I want for you. That is my dream...'

Words of her Pati Babu echoed in her ears as she stood there smiling. Her Pati Babu was right...she would pave a way for better life for every girl. He would be so proud.
So happy.
His struggles were paying off.

" I asure you if you send them to this school I will personally take full care of them. Help them and teach them. Your daughters..." Bondita was finally able to say it " are not alone."

" I told you Mr Basu" the principal joined in " she is one responsible girl. You will not have to worry."

" You were right sir." He replied. " You are a fighter Miss Bondita."

" Mrs Bondita." She decided to correct him this time. " Mrs Bondita Aniruddh Roy Chowdhury. I don't support the Mrs in front of a girl my age but I am proud a proud married girl. I am a fighter but he put the weapon in my hands." As important it was for girls to go to school, it was equally important for the men to support them. If she was setting an example for girls it was because her Pati Babu was exactly what every man should be like. She wasn't going to hold the torch of glory alone.

" I am Sorry Mrs Bondita." He smiled back amazed by the clarity of her words. If this is what education did for a girl, he was happy to have thought of sending his girls here. " And you are right. I have heard about him. In many , many contexts, everything good I assure you. Please...do say thank you to him for paving a path so my girls could walk easily."

Bondita just nodded, teary eyed, tight lipped. Is this how her Pati Babu felt when she was praised for something infront of him. The incredible feeling of pride she felt for him.

They both were like that. Ignoring the best about themselves but proud of each and everything the other accomplished.

It was the class after lunch and Bondita still was not able to control her smile. The biology teacher entered the class, stoped a moment at the gate to throw her a dirty glance before reaching his table. Bondita was reminded of the occurrence of Friday and her blood boiled just thinking of it but she still had her mood up and in smiles because of the good news.

Everyone wished the teacher and opened the books.

" What did we learn in the last class ?" He asked the students while throwing an uncomfortable glance to her on the first bench and it was so the whole time a student answered. She tried to listen to the answer since she was not in the last class.

" Ok...good sit down." He looked towards her while reluctantly opening his book. What was his problem ?

" BONDITA...!" He yelled making her jump and stand at her place.

" Ji masterji !" What was he up to ?

" What do you think you are doing ?"

She was confused.

" Don't look at me like that ! Why were you smiling ?!!?"

" Huh...?"

" You think I am joking here for you to laugh ? Or is this chapter too funny for you ?"

" It's not that masterji..." She said in a low voice. The chapter was sensitive and she had been smiling a lot today. Did she really not tune it down ? " I...am sorry Masterji. It won't happen again..."

" NO ! No sorry. Get out."

" But... please masterji. I am sorry..."

"GET OUT !!!"