Chapter 22 : Tear

ANYA :

The sky was still dark, the light slowly fusing with the heavy tones, dispersing the night glooms. The estate was quiet, the security changing their shifts, while dawn greeted the oncoming day with a soft slow kiss.

Anya stood in her gardens, surrounded by the fragrant blossoms of exotic and rich flowers, as she looked up to the sky changing colours, getting ready for the next day. Time still flowing in a manner completely undisturbed by the events of last night.

2 men were killed here.

2 men who deserved it.

Anya wrapped her turquoise stole around her a little tighter, the summer dawn having a slight bite in the winds.

She slowly walked around the grounds, passing beautiful flowers, the well-maintained statues and lanterns, greeting the guards as she tried to collect her thoughts.

It was barely 5:30 am.

She had left her warm bed which she had shared with a giant Black Panther, still sleeping peacefully on it, without a concern of the outer world. His deep sleep was signified by his utterly adorable little snores and rumbles, as he had draped himself quiet happily over his human, sometime in the night.

The big kitty had made sure that the way he snuggled up to his human, she would not be suffocated by his weight.

Admittedly, Jungkook was very warm, soft and made a delightful cuddle partner. Anya loathed leaving the role of being the Panther's pillow.

But the questions that arose from the previous night haunted her. There was too much that was revealed last night, by Sebastian's behaviour and his words. All of that indicated to something that was a bit hazy but its outline was something both the Kim siblings could make out.

Anya strolled through the grounds, meandering towards the gazebos as the brightening sky provided a brightness quelling the residues of the lingering night.

There were too many questions.

Firstly, why was a hypnotic lock put on only the 7 of them? They were already trained as Slaves, even if the conditioning did not sit right with them, they were still submissive showing absolutely zero signs of aggression. So why was such an extreme measure of hypnosis required for hybrids with electric collars, a right to be killed easily and trigger words in place?

Okay, maybe because the trainers knew of the Unclassified status which resulted in the decision. But then why not just the 2 who were Unclassified. Why them all?

Going there, if Sebastian already knew Jungkook was Unclassified, then why the stunned surprise? Yes, it would be a shock to see the Panther shrug off the shroud of servitude, but Sebastian fear was too extreme for someone already possessing the knowledge of a hybrid's true Code. His reaction should have been stunned realization, not surprised horror.

Then again, Anya mused, if she let alone the fact of the hypnotic trigger, she still wanted to know why the 7 of them were put together? Why were they isolated from the rest of the hybrids in the training facility of the three? Why the encouragement to form a bond? Why only them in a facility of training thousands of hybrids.

Anya walked towards the Fountain, wisps of hair escaping her bun and sticking to her delicate neck to curl around her shoulders, as she peered in the still waters.

Suhan and her stuck on one odd point when her hybrids were recalling their past. According to law, no unauthorized individuals were allowed to have hybrids born in their house or facility. Each birth occurred in the legalized labs, the newborns, then handed over. So how and why did the three trainers manage, legally, to have the 7 born in their house? WHY? Which scientist or authority sanctioned it?