Chapter 3 : The Hybrids

Seokjin POV

I walked towards my cell slowly. The basement was drafty and I felt the cold air kiss my shoulders as I was shirtless. I wanted to go to my familiar place.

Familiarity for me was that small cell that I shared with 3 others, that represented a space without pain, at least temporarily.

I made my feet move faster as I walked through the narrow corridor with cells holding other hybrids on the both sides, collar heavy and itchy around my neck, body stiff and aching from the session I was subjected to. All I wanted was to go in that small rank foul smelling prison cell, have the door heavily lock behind and lay my head down on the cold stone floor. That was comfort to me. That was a comfort, a respite, a safe haven where no one would come to abuse me further. That was all I wanted.

I heard the guard walk at a distance from me. It wasn't because he was showing me any mercy or respect, it was just that he was tired. Him being tired to me was good too. Most likely he would not use me.

We reached my cell at the end of the corridor. I straightened my frame and walked through the door, feeling a bit more relaxed as the door was closed immediately.

 I straightened my frame and walked through the door, feeling a bit more relaxed as the door was closed immediately

I closed my eyes and let out a breath, fighting the tears. Now was not the time. I lowered myself to the floor keeping my back to the wall to support it and let out a groan. Folding my tall frame, I bent one leg at my knee and rested one of my arms on it while I tilted my neck to rest my head against the wall. I slowly breathed out.

Out of the blue, a humorless laugh made its way through me. I laughed sarcastically at the state we were in. This was because we, I had broken conditioning.

Shaking my head I thought about our training. Conditioning just never took root in me. I was too old and too dominant a predator for that to have worked. But what did work? What worked was the endless pain I was subjected to. More pain that I could handle. That any living being could handle.

I would rather obey than to go through that pain. Many of us were that way. Except the young ones of our group.

They were captured early. Even though they were one of the apex predators, they were broken and brutalized at a young age. Helplessness washed through me as i clenched my fists. Nothing I could do to help them at that time. Hell, I couldn't help them even now.

They were perfectly conditioned. When in the presence of the masters, they became their dolls with no will of their own. Did not mean it cost them less. It cost even more. The silent pain weighing more than the struggle.

I opened my eyes to look at the dark surroundings. Lights burned in the corridor and I heard the shuffling of feet.