Chapter 2 : The Preparation

Anya POV:

It had been 6 days since my talk with Ye Jun. The condition to help, with me actually buying multiple hybrids, was a bit difficult for me. There is a reason why even after being this wealthy, I never had any hybrid in my life. My parents had 3 hybrids, so in a way growing up I had been around them. How could I not? Meeting a hybrid is about as common as having a cat or a dog. Maybe even more so as the amount of care given to the pets is also higher than a hybrid.

The reason of my hesitance to have hybrids stemmed from the type of personality I was. My parents are really good people. So is my brother. They really are. But the unquestioning way they have adopted this attitude towards the creations makes me a little uncomfortable. Because I have not.

My parents still have the 3 hybrids. They are all canine. Yes they are treated well in the mansion they reside in with my parents. They are given food, room and clothes. But that is it. Nothing else.

The rooms are small, the clothes are always basic and the affection is always zero. They are treated as guard dogs who also take care of the house. Yes they are allowed to roam freely within the compound, provided they have their heavy collars on. Those collars are locked. During their heats, they are either given suppressants or locked away in the basement to ride it out. They do tell me that they are living quite a better life than others and I know that to be a fact. Its just that, treating them that way just makes me uncomfortable.

Why might you ask? Simply because they feel too. Added to it is that unlike animals, they actually do understand what is wrong and can actually communicate. Them thinking themselves to be lower beings than even common house pets is abnormal. Its wrong. But no one in the society ever thinks about that. Except for a few sects of Hybrid protection organisations, which are sadly few in number.

As it is I am considered to process the world, situation and society in a tangential manner. I guess everyone says that it's a side effect from being the way I am, they way my brain works, being a genius they say. Which is why my family and also perhaps the world accepted my contrasting thoughts. So for me, taking on a hybrid had a completely different meaning. To me it meant taking complete responsibility for a person. And till now, I really never wanted to take that heavy duty. I know the way I would treat them will be a complete diversion from the usual norm and the consequence of that was also something I just did not want the headache of dealing with.

I sigh shaking my head a bit. I guess I will have to take that on now. No way could I step back from helping out for this cause. Not only was it because of the wrongful murders of the hybrids, but catching this group would also help in the trafficking case of the children.

I step out of the elevator I was riding in at the desired level and walk out to the meeting room I know my friend and her colleagues are in. I am simply dressed in a navy blue sheath dress which reached just below my knee. It encased and showed off my figure. With my hair gathered and tied back in a loose knot, I knew I looked good. Sometimes, my clothes offer me a protection against situations where I might need a few minutes to pause and decide how to act. This might be one of those.

 This might be one of those