Chapter 21 : Hunt (M, Dark)

A/N : The chapter contains all the warnings mentioned before. It is dark.

If you like reading it, please vote and leave your comments. I love reading them.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

1 month later

ANYA :

Anya was signing the documents sanctioning the customized orders of the jewellery selected from the catalogue of the Empress Constellation that she had launched. The launch had been successful, the success taking her empire to yet another sphere of wealth and power.

She scanned the documents swiftly as she noted the names of the clients. All were names, well known in the world, some celebrities, but majority of the tycoons and royalties.

"You have a 1 o'clock appointment with Mr. Lee Hoon for the merger with their company. That will be your last engagement for the day." Her PA, Yoo In-na said.

Anya smiled up to her. "Thank god for that Yoona. Today was hectic." She was someone who had worked with Anya since the day she started her stay in the empire. Loyal to the boot with exceptional management skills, Yoo In-na was one of the extremely valuable members of her office sanctum.

"Today was hectic?" she said drily. "Its been that way since the launch. That's why I told everyone to prepare. I knew from the designs alone that it would blow people's minds."

Anya smiled, "You have always been partial to me Yoona."

She scoffed, "Its called being partial to the company I work in. You don't think I would be praising another rival line will i?"

Anya mock scowled. "I am hurt. Does that mean that all your praises are just perfunctory? You don't actually mean it?" she dramatically placed her hands over her heart.

Yoona stopped and smiled. "You have been different ever since you came back." She collected all the papers, "More freer, like more open. I mean, you look—"

"Happy?"

Yoona's smiled widened, "Yes. Happy."

Anya shrugged, her smile sparkling, "Well, My hybrids have changed my life a lot."

Yoona's smile turned soft and indulgent, "That is the way it should have always been. It suits you. This happy glow. I am glad to see you this way."

"I know." Anya acknowledged.

Nodding once, Yoona turned all business again, "As requested, all the executive level profiles of this floor has been sent to you. Their access code has been merged. Do you want me to set up the interviews you wanted with them?"

Anya mulled it over, "Set it up 3 days from now."

"Will do." Another brisk nod. "What reason should I give them? These are people who have worked closely with you since you took up the company while you were in college. Bluffs wont work on them."

Anya knew that. And she hated it.

Hated that there was a mole in that group. The people who had tirelessly supported her unheard ideas, who had blindly trusted in her, who had poured in all their time and energy when she was just an ambitious teenager, burning with a zeal to take the empire to another level. They were the people who had welcomed her leadership over her Father's. Who had always had her back.

It HURT her to think of the betrayal. It still felt unreal.

"Just tell them that I need to clarify a few things personally, because very soon there will be a slight change in the cogs of our functioning." She said.