The Conditioning:

When a hybrid is born and registered in any facility, conditioning starts as early as 4 years of age and continues till 14. If started in this manner, the conditioning is slow and steady paced. Its like a program designed in a manner to make sure the hybrid undergoing it can only mature emotionally and mentally in the direction that the humans desire. The change, their personality, all is developed right from the start in a subservient way. At 14 the hybrid is then given rigorous training and situations as a test to prove whether the conditioning is successful or not. Once given the clear, they are put in the market to be bought.

This is usually always a success with prey animals side or the domestic animals. Big predators require a little more effort. Their animalistic and dominant inherent personality is not easily overwritten. Though the training period remains the same: from age 4 to 14, the intensity of the conditioning and the frequency is increased. Even then, predators are usually also given a shock collar and microchip as fail safe. The microchip is embedded deep in the neck which not only keeps them from running, but also pulses with reserved electricity. The codes to which are given to the owners who buy them. This method is usually not used though.

The microchip can only be used 3 times in a life of a hybrid, a 4th time usage resulting in death. As the cost of these predator hybrids are high as it is, owners would rather make use of the shock collars rather than damaging or prematurely killing their possession. Even the value of the usage of the shock collar is more for the enjoyment of the owners rather than the need. The hybrids already know their place and the consequence of their disobedience enough to actually give any cause for the activation of the collars.

The problem truly arises if the hybrids are born in the wild and are captured at a later date. Once already into their teens, the conditioning never truly takes root. Those captured, are trained brutally to compensate for the lack of time. Brutal in every aspect to render them utterly submissive and quelling the dominant instincts to make them into perfect slaves. Still, the results are achieved.

There has only ever been 3 species which are discovered that utterly REJECT the conditioning. 3 species which are considered so dangerous that they have been discontinued. Not only that, their population is kept under strict watch so as to not have any wild or out of lab offspring. Little is known of their real habits and behavior as never did any test subject completely reveal it all. They had their will, little though it may be, intact.

A/N : The details about conditioning every hybrids go through. This information will be needed while dealing with the boys later on in the story.