Chapter 19 : New Dream

ANYA :

The evening had gracefully submerged in the arms of night to envelop the skies when Anya finished all the things she had mentally prepared a list to achieve. The agenda for tomorrow, her uncle, the call to her brother, several to Adora and the information she wanted about a particular detail, placed.

She detoured to the kitchen and together with Ari and the staff, set about making the Pizza she had promised her hybrids, making the dough and prepping the toppings.

Once it was late enough that the grounds of her estate had been properly lit up with the soft illuminating lights, she made her way to the meadow behind the Manor.

As soon as Anya pushed open her door, her heart gave a mild start. Even from this distance, she could see the cluster of Wild animals playing some distance from where she stood.

Pausing for a bit, she just took in the scene. Hybrid or no hybrids, a scene like this was uncommon in the world.

To have a backyard of Predators, twice the size of the normal ones, openly roaming and playing about, with no restrictions whatsoever, was a sight, worthy of being included in a book of rare dangerous experiences.

Shaking off the thin shroud of fear, Anya went to them.

"I believe that's enough for today guys. Come inside, you all must be hungry. Wash up and lets have dinner." She shouted as she neared them.

All at once, the playing animals turned from their activities to fix their attention on her.

Yoongi and Jin were perched on the lowest sturdy branch of the tree, while the rest were playing around.

Even with the grounds illuminated with soft yellow lights, everywhere, the small light holders placed everywhere, even with the bright moonlight blanketing the grounds, Jin and Yoongi remained almost invisible.

It was the way the slivers of light caught onto the rustling feathers of Jin, that Anya could see his shape on the tree.

As for Yoongi. All she could make out from the distance was his watchful, dangerous golden eyes. Only those eyes, staring at her from the massive tree.

Eyes, shinning at her, from the huge shadow of the massive oak, everything else dark on it.

Like a haunted chase in a doomed situation, signaling the last warning anyone could get.

Anya had a feeling, she was able to make out that golden gaze because he wanted her too. If he so chose, the Jaguar could easily cloak himself in the swirls of darkness, remaining unknown for any prey, right until the moment he pounced.

Anya had by now reached the edge of the clearing, a few meters separating them.

She took her eyes off the eldest of the bunch, to look at Joonie trying to come to her, but at the same time trying exasperatedly to make a certain silver snake let him go, who still hung around his neck.

The Python was coiled right beside them, watching the playful fight, while the Tiger had happily made the Python's coils his personal pillow, resting his head on it while he chuffed occasionally. Content in the moment.

That left one of them missing.

A certain hybrid, that she suspected, was the most playful of the Pack. His blossoming nature had remained hidden behind his compulsion.

The Tiger lifted his head from his comfy pillow, lifting his weight, to look at her. The Python beneath him slithering away instantly. Poor Hobi.

But the way the Tiger focused his eyes behind her, gave her all the warning that she needed.