48. Kept Secret

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I'M HOME!" I announce walking upstairs making a beeline for my room. I close my door picking up my book from my bedside table and I sit on the edge of my bed opening to the first page, oh I can't wait to read this.

"BAILEY CAN YOU START DINNER PLEASE!" I hear my mom yell from her bedroom and I roll my eyes leaning back onto my bed, I was just about to read too.

I ended up staying in the kitchen for the rest of the time while my parents got ready for ready for work. "Mmmm smells good hun what did you make?" I hear dad come down the stairs and I peek out of the kitchen.

"Just some baked ziti and salad, I'm making the salad dressing." I continue whisking, "Dressing? Don't we have the bottled stuff?" He looks in the fridge and my whisking slowly stops, "Yeah we do." I say not caring anymore.

I should stop trying so much, especially with food, there's no point at all at least with Skylar and her family love my food, I would cook for them for the rest of my life just to get their reactions from how good it is. I hope my future kids will love food like them or have a joy for making food.

I would give them my everything to keep them from what I've gone through even if it means moving across the world to get away from the judgment that my parents seem to just give off. "So how was school today?" I look up from my plate as we sit at the dining table, "It was good, nothing really happened." I say the same excuse that I've been using for the longest time.

"Sounds pretty boring, I had fun when I was in high school." Dad chuckles attempting to keep his tie away from his plate, "Yeah well times change sweetheart alright now hurry up and eat your food, we're going to be late." Mom interrupts, I have fun at school but explaining that would mean having to talk more and I don't think I can handle more awkward conversations.

"But I mean come on it's her senior year my buds and I did everything we can think of from pranking teachers to finding ways to piss off our football coach, oh and one time we ca-" A loud thud from upstairs made him stop talking and we all look towards the stairs, "What was that?" He asks and I got a strange feeling that it was for me.

"I'll go check." I quickly say getting out of my chair and I run upstairs, "Hello?" I whisper don't he hall and no one answered. I got closer to my room and I hear my window shut.

Oh my I'm going to die. Someone is breaking into my house. What do I do I need to find something. I frantically looked around the ground for anything and I pick up our old broken iron that was left by the their bedroom door.

I slowly put my hand on the handle and I pressed my ear up against the door, all that came was grumbles and moans, "Beans?" My eyes widen at the voice and I burst into my bedroom seeing Skylar sitting on the the floor leaning against my bed.

"Oh my what are you doing here?" I rush in front of her holding her face in my hands, I felt my heart drop seeing her bleeding lip and nose, her cheek has a cut and so is her forehead.

"What happened to you Skylar? Did you get into a fight? Look at me, please." I try to pull open her hooded eyes but it's like she can't focus on anything.

"I did say I was going to see you later." She mumbles tilting her head back and I see a bruise form on her collarbone.

"I know but I wasn't expecting you to come here like this. My parents are downstairs currently eating, they'll be leaving soon okay just stay here and don't make any noise." I get one more look at her before standing back up again.

"Yeah yeah I'll be fine, go shoo your parents away. I'm gonna take a nap." She flicks her hand, "No don't sleep!" I whisper opening my door and she gives me look of 'Why not?'

"You could have a concussion and if you do I don't want you sleeping you could go brain dead and I'm not having that understand." I put on a serious face and she nods slowly keeping herself up, I slowly close my door and I sigh. What happened to her?

"So what happened?" I get asked as I sit back down, "It was nothing, my backpack fell off my bed." I lie trying to make it believable. I kept looking at the clock hoping my parents would just finish their food and leave because I have something more important to handle besides having dinner.

After keeping the conversation at a deadend I get their butts out of the house and I went through my bathroom getting whatever I can to help Skylar.

"I'm coming in." I knock before walking in and I see her look through my books that are out on my bedside table, "Uh hi Beans I was just looking around." She stood up straight and I walk towards my bed, "It's okay but I have everything I need here to help heal you so I will need you to sit." I point to a spot beside as I start preparing the medicine.

"I'm okay Beans really, I can just wash my face that's all." She tells me and I look at her scanning the cuts, "Yeah that isn't going to work so sit here please." I pat the bed and she sighs smiling, "Yes ma'am."