*28*

***smut warning: i figured since it's been so long, everyone deserved a treat <3***

*** week and a half time skip***

SYDNEY POV

The rest of the week and a half had consisted of the three of us girls being on FaceTime with the boys nearly 24/7. We all tried to stay away from streaming with them, mostly because it had been proven that Clay and I were quite literally incapable of not letting something slip while on stream. We also knew that the likelihood of one of us FaceTiming or speaking to them in the background would get picked up and we'd all be exposed.

Cat, Mina, and I had been in a bit of a flurry the last few days, cleaning up the house and trying to make sure that all of the guest bedrooms and bathrooms had everything to sustain our multiple guests. I knew I'd be stuck with cooking duties yet again, so I spent several hours at the grocery store preparing to feed more people than I ever had in my life. I considered texting everyone to make sure they'd be cool with eating what I had planned, but then I remembered that everyone was rich enough to make a few DoorDash orders if they weren't pleased with what we were providing.

The hardest part was keeping our friends off our case -- this went for everyone, but especially for Clay and me. We'd been fielding texts from everyone who was coming asking if there was more going on than we had copped to, but we tried to play as dumb as possible. It was harder than I had anticipated, and it required a very coordinated effort. Only seconds after I received the ninth text from Alex asking me if I "had something I wanted to tell him", Clay called.

"Hi," I said, tucking the phone between my ear and my shoulder so I could continue stocking up the fridge. "Did Alex text you too?"

"Jesus Christ, he texted you again?" He laughed, and I could basically hear his smile. "He is fucking relentless. Karl stopped asking me a few days ago, thank God." 

"Don't even get me fucking started on Karl, I'm one text away from blocking him until he gets here," I scoffed. "Alex literally will not stop though. He's probably texting us at the same time to see if we respond similarly so he can catch us in the act of covering it up. Also, shouldn't you be at the airport by now? I hope you're there because if you miss that flight y'all might be shit out of luck until tomorrow."

"I am at the airport, relax," he replied. "Nick and George ditched me to go get food. I figured I'd wait until I got there and you could whip something up for me. But I agree with you on that, Alex thinks he's being so sneaky and smart but he's definitely trying to catch us."

"If you think I'm cooking for you, you've got another thing coming," I laughed. "You can eat our leftovers but I'm not doing a single thing in the kitchen today."

"Come on Squid, not even some mac and cheese? That's a very low-effort food to make and I know you miss cooking for me so much," he teased. "Or take me somewhere, at least."

"Fine," I grumbled. "I'll make you something. We just spent an ungodly amount of money at the grocery store... or I guess I did, technically. I already know I'll be doing the cooking so I figured I should be the one to hit the store."

"That's music to my ears, baby," he said in a sing-song voice. "I can't wait, I can already taste it and I could cry."

"Yeah, yeah," I tried to sound annoyed, but I knew the act wasn't very convincing. "When do you land again?"