7

SYDNEY POV

The four days had flown by a lot faster than I had expected. As the morning of the flight drew nearer, I considered pretending I had the flu or something to get out of it, or at least delay my arrival. I knew the girls would catch on though, so I forced myself to pack my suitcase and try to mentally prepare to deal with Dream. I didn't even know his actual name and I'd never even seen his face, but I was somehow going to be spending multiple nights under his roof. I cringed at the thought, dreading having to spend time with him. Especially when I considered that Mina and Nick would probably pair off, as well as Catherine and George, leaving us alone together. It was truly horrifying. Dream had managed to leave me alone for the most part during these past few days, only messaging me to lightly insult me in private or taunt me about how many days were left until I'd be forced to see him in person. I preferred that over him blasting me on Twitter or on his stream, but I still wished he'd just knock it off in general. I took care to not mention any of the guys at all to try to avoid provoking him.

I woke up the morning of the flight feeling like I was going to be sick. I forced myself to get ready and try to look at least somewhat presentable so as not to bait Dream into making a comment I'd have to have to kill him for. The flight was short, which meant I could wear 'real clothes' rather than something meant for comfort. Mina and Catherine were dressed up cute for Nick and George, and I didn't want to stick out, so I let them pick for me. I couldn't even really look at what they had chosen, as I was more focused on not throwing up or entirely dissociating from reality. They dragged me to the airport and somehow got me on the flight. They had stuck me in the middle seat so I couldn't try to break open the window and jump out or hide in the bathroom. Mina ordered me a rum and coke as soon as the cart came around, which helped me relax a bit.

"If it makes you feel any better, only Nick and George are coming to pick us up. Well, technically, Nick is picking all four of us up at the same time, but either way, Dream will not be there." Catherine said, rubbing her hand on my arm and leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Prolonging the inevitable." I groaned, sliding down my seat a little. "I swear I'll be nice and I'll try to be in a good mood once we get there -- I'm just really, really not looking forward to it."

"We appreciate that you came, Syd, we really do," Mina said, resting her head on my other shoulder.

DREAM POV

I couldn't bring myself to actually admit it, but I was nervous to meet Sydney and even the other girls. I wasn't exactly lacking in confidence, but for some reason I really wanted Sydney to find me as physically attractive as I find her. I think it would even the playing field a bit more. I'd been snippy with almost everyone, even in streams in anticipation. I had a short temper and even though none of my friends called me out, the chat and people on Twitter certainly did. Some even joked that because I couldn't come after Sydney anymore due to the ceasefire, I had pent-up anger that was coming out in my interactions with other people. I tried to leave Sydney alone for a few days so I wouldn't stoke the flames anymore before she got here, but I couldn't help myself. I never wanted to send her a message, but before I'd even realized it, there I was again hitting the send button. Her replies were brief and a little too polite, and she didn't mention me or the guys in her streams. It felt like the calm before the storm.

"Dude, I can not go with you to pick them up," I said, turning my head to look at Nick, who sat a few feet from me on the couch. "I need you to do it."

"No, you're coming with me. I just know that George brought a ton of shit and Mina told me the girls each had a backpack and a suitcase. We need your help dragging the luggage around," he said. "Also, you're a grown man and you can handle it. You need to deal with it."