23

SYDNEY POV

"Guys, like the week after we get back Corpse is staying with us for a few days." I said, looking at everyone, "any chance y'all wanna come to stay with us too?"

"Oh fuck, I kind of forgot about that," Mina sighed. "I was just going to ask if we all wanted to go somewhere before George has to leave. I feel bad that we didn't actually go to Miami."

"I know, I forgot too," I admitted. "I thought we had a little bit more time in between, but if anything this works out better because you guys can come if you want." I gestured to the guys.

"I'm down," Nick said, and George nodded in agreement.

"Me too, I'd love to see him in person," Clay said, but I could tell he really wasn't that excited.

"I can change my flight home," George was already pulling out his laptop to change his tickets around. He only needed to add an extra day or so to his trip, so it wasn't too big of a hassle. "There's a chance my paperwork will be done or close to done by then too, so after I can just head home, pack, and then move here."

"Do you think we could get anyone else to come? Maybe Karl?" Catherine said, leaning her head onto George's shoulder.

"I invited Karl, Quackity, and Rae -- but Rae said she probably won't be able to make it," I said, frowning a little. "Karl and Alex said yes, so they're coming too for sure. If you guys want to invite anyone else, feel free. Space might be a slight issue, but if people are cool sharing a room then we can make it all work. There are also a few houses in our neighborhood that are AirBnBs, so we could rent one of those out if we needed to."

"Wait, won't everyone find out about whatever is going on with you two?" Nick asked, pointing to Clay and me. "Are you ready for that?"

"I didn't really think about that," I grimaced a little. 

"I don't care if you don't," Clay said to me, shrugging. "I actually want them to know."

"Do you think they'll accidentally slip and say something on a stream or something though?" I asked, as he put his arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple. "I want all of our friends and stuff to know but I'm not sure if I'm ready for like... everyone to know."

"I feel like Karl would be the one to fuck it up," Mina laughed, and we all got a good little giggle out of that. "Or maybe Alex."

"Yeah definitely Alex," George said, shaking his head a little. "That boy can not keep a secret to save his life, but neither can you two."

"I think everyone knows anyway, the denying isn't doing much to convince people otherwise," I admitted, looking at Clay.

"Should we just tell everyone when they get there and then just announce it on a stream or something to get it over with?" He said, first looking at me then glancing at everyone else to get their feedback.

"I almost feel like you shouldn't even announce it," Catherine said. "None of us have, and so far it's working out well."

"Yeah, I agree," Mina said. "I feel like announcing it is more of a hassle than just letting people figure it out themselves."

"Are you guys ever going to officially announce?" I asked. "Or will you just keep doing what you're doing?"

"Eventually, yeah," Nick shrugged. "I feel like we're all in a little bit of a bubble right now and it's nice to not have to worry so much about the public side of things."

"We still all have some degree of plausible deniability right now," George laughed. "The second one of us confirms anything, everyone will know that we're all up to something."