24

CLAY POV

After I saw the tweets and gave myself a moment to calm down, I went off to find Sydney. She went to go take a shower after the stream had ended, and I hadn't seen her since. I really hoped she hadn't seen any of the meaner tweets. I was getting a lot of shit too, but she was the main target. It made no sense to me. I found her crouched on the floor in the kitchen, phone in hand. I knew right then that she had seen Twitter too. She hadn't seen me yet, and the look on her face was heartbreaking. I felt like such a jackass.

"I'm so sorry," I said, sitting next to her. I could tell she was trying not to cry. "I'm so sorry, Syd." She crawled into my lap, her head buried in my neck.

"What are we going to do?" She murmured against my neck. "We're so fucked."

"I don't know, Squid," I admitted. "It's not for you to worry about though. Let me handle this, it's all my fault anyway."

"No it's not," she scoffed. "You really need to stop blaming yourself for everything. Not everything can or has to be someone's fault, sometimes shit just happens."

"Yes, it really is my fault," I kissed the top of her head. "I wasn't being careful. Plus, I was the one that was such a fucking dick in the first place. People are running with that and making disgusting comments about you, and that's my fault. Don't fight me on this, please."

"Fine," she laughed a little, and I was glad she was calming down. "It's all your fault, Clay. Fix it."

"Do you want to just come out with it?" I asked. "Or we could just ignore it. Either way, I am going to say that we've solved our issues and we'd appreciate it if people could leave that in the past."

"I don't want to fuck things up for Nick and Mina and George and Cat," she said. "I think we should say something like you just said about us being cool, and then see how long we can ignore the speculation. Plus, people know we were all drinking so I'm sure we could play into that if need be."

"Okay," I nodded. "I'm really sorry. I'm going to fix this, I promise."

"Stop saying sorry, or I'm going to get mad," she lifted her head and kissed my neck and jaw, something that made me feel even worse about all of this. "I just want to sit here with you for a little longer."

"Corpse messaged me," I said. "Now I have to admit that he was right and I was wrong. That'll be a fun conversation, I'm sure."

"Sucks to suck," she smirked. "You should've listened to him earlier."

"I know," I laughed. "Biggest regret of my life, hands down."

"Honestly, I think the sex is probably better because we hated each other," she shrugs. "I don't think things would've worked out the way they did if we liked each other from the jump."

"You're probably right," I sighed. It didn't make me feel like any less of an asshole, but I do think things were meant to happen this way.

"I didn't actually shower earlier, I saw the tweets and went into panic mode," she confessed. "I'm going to go now. I'll hurry so we can decide what to say." And off she went. I decided to respond to Corpse, mostly because I knew he was probably worried about her. I had to be very careful with my wording in this conversation because I knew he'd be smart enough to pick up on anything even remotely romantic that I said about her.

Corpse-

sounds like you and syd are good now?

i hope you are

the fighting is funny sometimes but it's getting old

plus, i hate moderating i can't even lie