11

SYDNEY POV

"He just walked in, there was nothing I could do," he said to me, about to lift himself off of me. He had just updated me on Nick walking in and seeing us laying like that. He looked like he was scared I was going to be absolutely fuming. I couldn't even be that upset, it's not like it was really all that likely that Nick would come in. We had all been drinking and I think we just assumed they'd be so hungover we'd have time in the morning to part ways and pretend it never happened.

"It's not your fault," I said, pulling him back down. "I'm trying not to freak the fuck out right now, but I'm not mad at you."

"Are you sure?" He asked, holding me tighter too.

"I promise," I breathed, scratching his scalp. "We need to figure out what you're going to say though and we need to figure out how to get me back into my room."

"I'd bet you anything he was coming in here to tell me about him and Mina hooking up," he said, turning his head to look up at me. "Maybe I could distract him with that?"

"It'll just remind him of what he saw," I replied, shaking my head a little. "We need to have a reason that I was in here, and then we can just say we fell asleep on the opposite side of the bed and somehow woke up like that."

"I don't think that'll work," he said, sighing lightly. "I might just have to beg him to keep his mouth shut about it. If he tells Mina we're officially done for."

"Oh, if he tells Mina the whole world will know about it within the hour," I laughed. We still hadn't moved from the position I woke up in, and I couldn't bring myself to tear away from him.

"We might be screwed," he groaned. "If he does tell they'll definitely think we went all the way."

"Well, I think we basically agreed last night that we're going there eventually, so does it really even matter?" I breathed, staring up at the ceiling. 

"Oh, so you don't care if your girls know you're sleeping with the enemy?" He smirked, pulling himself off of me and hovering so he could look into my eyes.

"They are too!" I joked, sliding out from under him. "And this could still be a non-issue, get me back into my own room and then talk to Nick. Let me know how it goes or if we're going to be forced to fess up." I stood up and stuck my hand out to pull him up. "God damn it, you're heavy, Clay!" I whispered, as he nearly toppled me over.

I stretched my arms over my head after I got him up, and then I saw the bruises dotting long my lower back and my hips in his large mirror propped up in the corner of his room. They were unmistakably in the shape of his fingertips. 

"I don't think we can go to the beach today," He murmured, reaching out to lightly trace the marks he had left on my skin. He pulled the waistband of my shorts down a little and lifted my t-shirt to see more of the bruises and a small laugh escaped. "Yeah, we're definitely not going to the beach today."

"We're so fucked," I laughed, trying my hardest to be quiet. "I can pretend I got my period or something and I'm scared of sharks coming to eat me. The boys will be so traumatized they won't even question it. It'll be okay. We have to stream later tonight anyway so the beach would be a lot for one day. I also know Nick said he wanted us all to go out to the clubs tonight or something so we can pretend to be super excited about that and ask if we can go to an early dinner first or something and push the beach back another day or two."

"You're such a genius, Syd," He said, hugging me tightly. He gave me a quick kiss after, which made me feel like I was on fire. "How did I ever hate you?"

"Your turn to be a genius," I said, placing my hands on his chest to push him back lightly. "You need to get me back to my room, and then you need to talk to Nick. If you fuck that part up I will hate you again."