2

SYDNEY POV

After the stream ended, I hopped on Twitter. The chat had been going a million miles a minute, and we'd been so distracted by the actual stream that we missed a lot of the chat discussion. I wanted to catch up and thank everyone for being so generous. Going on Twitter after a stream could always be a little risky, especially if the boys had been antagonizing us. People wanted us to stream together and be friends, which I would have been amenable to if Dream wasn't such an asshole.

squid stan // @thegals_luvr

Did you guys see Dream in the chat the whole time? He really came at Syd!

kells // @kellsnotfound

Dude all three of those boys were wilding out

squid stan // @thegals_luvr

I know I wish they all actually could get along... imagine the content

I raised my eyebrow and continued digging. Other tweets and plenty of screenshots showed me that Dream, George, and SapNap had been quite active in the chat, which had worked out in our favor, bringing in a ton of viewers and their donations. Most of it was pretty civil too -- poking fun at the guests whenever we beat them and encouraging others to donate. I was happy, and surprised that Dream had managed to go a few hours and an entire stream without bullying me in public, until I got to two messages in particular that were getting hundreds of retweets.

Dream: bro... syd's got a lisp and her name starts with an s... that's rough

Dream: god damn guys i really don't understand how sydney is so popular

My cheeks blazed and my vision started to get blurry with rage. I had missed it in the chat the first time, which was for the best because I would've absolutely lost my shit. I did have a very minor lisp that got worse when I was nervous, and I usually didn't mind it too much, but this time it stung. Most people didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out, just like Dream had. The second chat didn't even piss me off that much, but other people had really honed in on it on social media. Before I even knew what I was doing, I opened Discord and was calling Dream. I didn't even care if he was with someone or if they could hear what I was about to say.

"Uh, hello? What's up Squid?" he said, with a fake shock in his voice. I could tell he was trying to play innocent too.

"Listen, I don't know what the fuck your problem is, but do not ever come into my stream again and start making fun of me like that. It's not funny, you're not funny, and I'm so sick and tired of you being a jackass all the time!" I started out calm, but by the end, I was nearly yelling. "You're such a dick, honestly. I'm hanging up now, but go fuck yourself. And don't ever bring up my lisp again or you will regret it more than you could ever begin to imagine."

"Wait!" He yelled, just as I was about to end the call. I hesitated for a moment, waiting for him to finish. "So you get to talk shit but I can't? Funny how that works."

"Fuck you, Dream. I never say shit like that about you, you get way too personal for literally no reason. It's unnecessary and it's just plain mean." I replied, with more bite in my words than I had intended. I was getting more worked up than I wanted, and I really wasn't even that offended, but I wished he had the decency to keep it above the belt with his blows.

"Honestly," he started, "Squid, you're right. I'm sorry. I'll tone it down." He said, and I couldn't miss the sincerity in his voice. "I'm still going to roast you but I didn't need to get that personal, you're right."