*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 (𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬)

happy new year !

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"did he do it?"

"did he do it?"

"they're snogging, so i bet he did."

"but maybe they're just kissing because it's new year's."

"yeah, could be. bokuto is kind of a pussy sometimes."

"y/n looks very happy though."

"who wouldn't if they were kissing the one they like?"

"fair point."

"guys, we can fucking hear you," bokuto mumbles as he pulls away from y/n, taking her hand in his. he looks at his friends with an annoyed face.

"and yes, i asked her to be my girlfriend so we're a couple now."

bokuto turns to kuroo, "so back off, you comb head. you and your flirty comments are not happening anymore."

kuroo chuckles, moving his hands a little in the air, "fine, i won't do it anymore then. i don't think y/n minds, seeing her smiling like that."

the white haired male turns to y/n, who shrugs, "what? how much i hate those comments, they're kinda funny. you have to admit that, kotaro."

"mhm, he better keep his hands away from you."

"i will, no worries. she's all yours, mate."

"woah, can't believe it's the new year!"

kenma rolls his eyes at hinata's words, "of course it is. don't you hear the fireworks?"

all ten people move their heads to the sky, watching the fireworks go off. there are loads of beautiful colours in the sky right now.

the blue and white ones are y/n favourite. why that is, she has no idea, but for some reason blue and white reminds her of bokuto. maybe it's just that those colours remind her of winter, and she met her love during the winter.

yeah, maybe that's what's going on.

the friends continue looking at the fireworks, all smiling at the sky.

"it's going to be a great year, guys," kageyama mumbles, turning to his friends. "and i bet we're going to win the world cup with the national team this year!"

kuroo moves his hands in the air, "oh yeah! we sure will win this year. especially when our beloved y/n will watch all the matches!"

"what did i just say, tetsuro?!"

"that wasn't even flirting! i'm just saying she might be our lucky charm."

bokuto and kuroo start bickering, bokuto going on about that kuroo should stop flirting with his girlfriend, and kuroo saying that he is in no way doing that.

bokuto kinda has a point, but y/n really doesn't mind kuroo saying it. it's funny, honestly.

"guys, i want to announce something."

kuroo and bokuto stop bickering, and everyone turns to hinata now.

"i have been thinking," he starts, to which tsukishima laughs.

"that's a first."

"tsukishima, shut the hell up."

"as i was saying," hinata continues, glaring at tsukishima and then looking around his group of friends, i want to start being more honest in the new year! and by doing so, i want to say something."

"and what is that, tangerine?"

"i want to say... that i have a crush on y/n."

it's silent for a while.

"what?" akaashi says while frowning.

"you have a crush on her?" yamaguchi mumbles, looking from hinata to y/n.

"bit too late now, don't you think, hinata?" yachi answers him, feeling sorry for her friend.

y/n starts to laugh, with bokuto, kageyama and kuroo joining in as well. the others all look at the four with quirked eyebrows.

"what's so funny?"

"you guys had no idea?" kuroo brings out, laughing hysterically.

"we knew from the start!"

"even i knew, and i was blind as hell about bokuto's feelings for me," y/n says while chuckling, patting her knees.

"oh, was it that obvious?"

"to us? definitely," bokuto says, standing up straight again and walking to hinata. "but i'm glad you were honest with everyone."

"and i'm honoured you look at me in that way, hinata. i think you're an amazing friend and i hope we stay that way in 2022."

"oh, definitely!"

to hinata, his new year's couldn't be any better.

to anyone, actually.

even the salty ones were having a good time, looking at all their friends and thinking that they're extremely lucky with the ones they have around them.

who would've thought that?

now the question is, who are the luckiest of all?

bokuto and y/n, of course (so they believe).

because they finally have each other.

(and a cute kitten).

and they surely won't let go of one another in 2022, if not never.

_____ .・。.・゜.・゜・。. _____

" 01.01.2022 "

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS I WISH YOU ALL A WONDERFUL YEAR WITH MUCH GOOD THINGS ! <3 love you all loads. thank you all so much for reading :) <3 means the world to me. enjoy this year and i hope it's all gonna be a wonderful year for you! xoxo