Chapter Two: It's Okay...

{Louis' POV}

It just doesn't make sense. Why would Eleanor leave? I simply cannot think of anything I could've done wrong? And that is what is frustrating me! I'm sorry, but I need to know. I cannot just let Eleanor get away for some unknown reason. I'm not having it that way. 

I look across at the bed that Perrie is still lying unconscious in. She got taken off life support- thankfully- and now we're waiting for her to wake up from the coma. Debbie arrived this morning and is now out somewhere in the hospital with Anne, Harry's Mum. We're waiting for the police officer to come and tell us what actually happened. 

Liam got her moved into a bigger room so we can all fit. Zayn has just been sitting on the window seat, attending to his daughters and just focusing on being a good father. You can see it in his eyes that he isn't coping well, but he doesn't want it to show. 

The knock on the door brings us all out of our trances as our eyes travel to the door where a male police officer is entering. 

"Good afternoon," he greets us all and we mumble responses back. Harry, Liam, Niall, Jesy, Jade, Leigh, Zayn, Ellie, the twins and myself are the only ones in the room at the moment. Jonnie is floating around somewhere else too- he's pretty torn up to say the least. 

"We have the details on the crash," the officer is holding a sheet of paper. The same bloke talked to Ellie and the other driver- who came out fine, which is annoying- and he also talked to witnesses to collect the information he's about to tell us.

"We've come to a conclusion that along the straight road, Ms Edwards had turned around to re- buckle the child's seat whilst still having one hand upon the wheel," the officer tells us. We know this bit. "The other driver was not paying attention to the road, much like Ms Edwards, and pulled out of the adjoining street far to fast and hit the car Ms Edwards was driving," the officer continues.

"Upon impact, the other driver hit the right hand side of the Range Rover, immediately striking where Ms Edwards was seated. The other driver's car came to an immediate stop whereas the Range Rover skid across the road and ended about twenty metres away," the office sums up the crash. 

"There will be charges applied upon the other driver because the accident is at their fault. Thank you." The policeman smiles, nods his head and then leaves the room again. 

So this crash was the other driver's fault. That's real great you know! Thanks to whoever the other driver is, Perrie is now in a fucking coma. Okay... sorry, I do not know the other driver's story so I should not judge but, seriously? I know Perrie should've been watching too, but - urgh! Everything inside me just wants to fucking explode!

"I've had enough!" I stand up and they all look at me in shock. "I WANT to know why Eleanor left!" I tell them all, a bit of a sharp tone coming out. "If any of you know anything, I suggest you fess up before I go crazy." I instruct them all and I watch Zayn's eyes flick to Perrie. 

Don't tell me.... 

"You're kidding me," I sigh and Zayn just shrugs. So, Perrie knows something- and she's such a great help at the moment! NOT. 

"I know," Harry's voice breaks the silence and I turn to look at him. His body is shaking and his green eyes look weak under the circumstances. "But, can I explain somewhere else?" Harry asks. We agree and all head down to the courtyard of the hospital. 

Zayn leaves Ellie with Lillie and Rosie in the pram by themselves about five metres away whilst we gather in a semi- circle around Harry, whom is pacing back and forth, his hand grabbing at his chin as he panics about what to say. 

"Well, um, you see," Harry mumbles, not facing us. "It was a stupid mistake." Harry sighs as he turns to face us, tears swelling in his eyes. What was a stupid mistake? I'm not understanding him here. Should I be understanding?