Chapter 13: A Sumo Competition? Electric Company. A Cunning Smergle and Kecleon?

Start from the beginning

"But you've never entered a Pokémon sumo match before." Misty said.

"True, but when it comes to battles, I'm always up for the challenge beside I haven't been in competition for a while due to the breaks I wanted," Luna said, "and anyway I do have a Pokémon that would like to enter this. Besides I don't that she would forgive me if I didn't let her enter something like this."

"I think you may be right about that Lu actually." Misty said.

Tomo and Brock agreed: Misty, Brock and Tomo knew exactly what Pokémon Luna was talking about.

Ash and the gang went to the Pokémon Centre, where everyone was registering for the Pokémon sumo conference, to call Professor Oak.

Luna explained about the Pokémon sumo conference to Professor Oak and asked him to send Kangaskhan to her.

"I understand Mew," Professor Oak, "so what Pokémon will you send to me?"

"I'll send Furret." Luna replied. So Luna sent her Furret to Professor Oak and Professor Oak sent Luna's Kangaskhan to her.

Kangaskhan and her baby were happy to see Luna again and gave her a hug at once.

"I'm happy to see you too girls." Luna said happily.

Luna explained to Kangaskhan about the Pokémon Sumo Conference, which made her excited because she liked to fight and then they signed up for the conference.

Soon the Pokémon sumo conference was about to begin soon.

The Pokémon that were entering, apart from Feraligatr and Kangaskhan, were Golem, Rhydon, Blastoise, Lickitung, Heracross, Poliwrath, Machamp, Ursaring, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Quagsire, Golduck, Granbull and Ursaring.

Shonosuke explained the rules and about what the winner would get. Apart from a king's rock, the winner would also receive a year supply of Pokémon food.

"Now best of luck to all of you, and may the best Pokémon win." Shonosuke said to everyone.

Soon the Pokémon sumo conference began.

The first match was between an Ursaring and a Nidoqueen. The Pokémon charged at each other each and were trying to push one another out of the ring.

"Pokemon sumo wrestling looks more rough and tough than I thought it would be." Tomo said.

"Yeah and from the looks of things," said Brock, "trying to push a heavy opponent out of the ring is pretty difficult."

In the end, Nidoqueen won the first match.

Next up was Raiden's turn, his Feraligatr was up against a Golem.

"Golem is heavier than Feraligatr," said Brock, "so it may turn out difficult for Feraligatr."

"Don't forget though Brock," Luna said, "Raiden has trained his Feraligatr a lot for this tournament. So I wouldn't underestimate it yet."

Feraligatr and Golem were trying to push one another out of the ring like crazy.

Just then Raiden told Feraligatr to step back a bit; once Feraligatr did that Golem fell over a bit. Then Raiden told Feraligatr to strike, Feraligatr hit Golem hard on the head and then Golem collapsed out of the ring, giving Feraligatr the win.

"Wow," Luna gasped, "they both used their strength and weaknesses. That's what we have to do too."

After a few more rounds, it was finally Luna's and Kangaskhan's turn.

Their opponent was a Poliwrath. Kangaskhan's baby was sitting next to Pichu and Zorua on the bench with Brock, Misty and Tomo.

Poliwrath charged at Kangaskhan to try and push her over, but Kangaskhan grabbed Poliwrath's arm and tossed it out of the ring. Poliwrath's trainer and the referee were surprised about what just happened.