𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18

Começar do início

Even though I was far away, I could tell something was wrong.

I knew it probably wasn't the best idea to go over there but... of course I did it anyways, without thinking twice.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

There was a thump outside the window I was sitting at. Startled, I looked to see the masked hero, standing on a small ledge on the window. I reluctantly opened the window, even though he was the last person I wanted to see, considering he confused my feelings even more. There was still something so familiar about him. The way he laughed and I felt like I knew I had heard his voice from somewhere else, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't quite place a finger on it. 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

                        *Peter's POV*

As I crawled through the window, I couldn't help but turn my gaze to her face. She looked like she had been crying, her eyes were tainted red and watery and a single tear fell slowly down her cheek. 

She must have realized I was looking at her, when she turned her head away and wiped the tear from her face.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Even through the mask, I knew he studying my face. I probably looked like an idiot. My face was puffy and my eyes glassy with tears. Turning away, I wiped away the tear, feeling embarrassed.

I sat on the floor and hugged my knees close to my body as he sat right next to me.

"It's okay... you don't need to hide it..."

I turned my head to look at him in shock. All the walls built up around my heart crumbled as he uttered those words. Those words were unfamiliar. I was always ridiculed for being the most emotional amongst my family. The only person who did utter those words was gone now, taken away. 

Still, the familiar voice bugged me. Where else could I have heard his voice?

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

                        *Peter's POV*

She just stared at me.

Did- did I say something wrong?

"Do I... know you?" she asked, leaning a few inches closer, as if she was studying my masked face intently.

I awkwardly chuckled, not fully understanding her question.

"Well, yeah... I wouldn't be sitting here if-"

She shook her head and a smiled tugged on the corner of her lips, "No, not like that... do I know you... without the mask...?"

My eyes widened.

Oh

It wasn't that I didn't trust her, because I probably trusted her a little more than I should have. It was because there were risks that came with knowing my identity. And I refused to put her through that.

"Um... I-I... I don't know." I replied, not knowing how to handle this situation.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I could tell he was dodging my question.

"Sorry for asking... you're voice is just oddly familiar to me."

"Well, maybe that's just the kind of voice I have." he replied, jokingly.

I hid my smile as I lightly chuckled and shook my head, "Maybe..."

We sat there for a few moments, silently enjoying each other's company.

"Hey, you don't have to answer this but... w-why were you crying?"

The dreaded question was finally brought upon me. Only... it wasn't as dreaded anymore when asked by him. I would never admit it but, I would feel more comfortable answering that question when it came from him rather than Alexander, and that thought tore me to shreds. I knew it was supposed to be the other way around but I couldn't help it.

I paused for a moment before answering, mostly trying to choke back the tears, "I- um... one of my relatives who was staying here unfortunately had passed away...not too long ago."

Even thought I attempted to hold back my tears, one still fell from my E/C eyes.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

                        *Peter's POV*

I could see the pain in her eyes when told me this. Even though she put on an unbothered façade, I could tell it was slowly fading away, showing that she was truly hurting more than she would have let on.

Without thinking, I gently cupped her face and wiped away the tear that had fallen from her glassy eyes with my thumb. I held her pretty face in my gloved hand as if it was delicate porcelain. 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

As much as I hated it, I could feel myself melt at his touch. It felt so natural, as if my face fit perfectly in his hand.

Tears began to trickle down my face as I remembered the entire reason I was even here. I didn't think it was possible, but he moved even closer to me and stroked my face with his thumb.

I wanted to hate this, I really did. I wanted to move away from his touch but I couldn't.

A/N: ughhh the flufffff <33 i hope you enjoyed so far luvs and ill see you guys next chapter :D