Chapter 8- Old sins

Chapter 8- Old sins

Gwaine stared at Gwaine; he thought he must be going mad. This reflection was not like the others, the others had looked just like him only they could move independently; this reflection looked like Gwaine but it looked like him after he had a goodnights sleep, a good feast and a few tankards of mead. “Hello, I thought we could have a little chat.” Other Gwaine said.
“Ok this is seriously freaky.” Gwaine muttered.
“Isn’t it just.”  Other Gwaine smirked.
“Shut up!” Gwaine snapped.
“Make me.” Other Gwaine said with a grin. Gwaine didn’t understand what was going on; none of the reflections had ever spoken before. “How you are here? This is Morgana’s doing isn’t!? You aren’t real!” Gwaine said.  
“You do know talking to yourself is the first sign of madness don’t you?” Other Gwaine smirked. Gwaine scowled. “But then you went over the edge a long time ago didn’t you.” Other Gwaine smiled. Gwaine felt a rush of anger and lashed out, kicking Other Gwaine in the shins. Suddenly he cried out in pain as some unseen force kicked his shin. Other Gwaine laughed, “Temper, temper, honestly calm down before you hurt yourself.” Other Gwaine said with a chuckle.
“What do you want? Hold on why am I even still talking to you?” Gwaine said.
“Because I am you and you are me. We share the same memories and features.” Other Gwaine said. “Do you have a name?” Gwaine asked foolishly.
“Oh yes I am Dwaine.” Gwaine raised his eyebrows.
“Seriously?”
“No of course not you idiot! Like I said you are Gwaine and I am Gwaine!”
Gwaine scowled and looked pouting at the floor. “Aww is the little knight upset?” Other Gwaine said mimicking her voice. Gwaine’s eyes snapped back up. “Stop that!” He ordered.
“Why? Oh I forget we are trying to erase her from our memory aren’t we? Sorry; not been having much luck though anyway, why was it we want to forget her anyway?” Other Gwaine asked. “It wasn’t because we were the worst brother ever by any chance?”
“Oh I think worst is an understatement.” The all too familiar voice said as she walked through the mirror. “Hello brother dear.” She said coldly. Gwaine felt his blood freeze; it was spreading through his body, the ice running through his veins, stabbing his heart with icy sharp pains. He began to feel dizzy and sick, to things he had been feeling far too much recently. She couldn’t be here! It wasn’t possible! “Aren’t you going to say hello to your sister?” She asked, Gwaine opened his mouth and closed it several times but nothing come out. “Oh for god sake stop impersonating fish and snap out of it!” She said clicking her fingers in front of his face which did seem to work. Gwaine tried to push himself further back but the solid stone wall stopped him. “So-so-Sofia.” He stuttered taking her in, it was her; the long blonde hair just like his mother’s but the deep hazel eyes like his and so he had been told, like his father.  .
“Oh so you can speak, shame, I got my hopes up there.” She said smiling wickedly. “You can’t be here; it’s not possible you’re…you’re…no!” Gwaine stuttered.
“I’m what? I’m dead? Well you can believe what you like; I know I should be after you left me to die!” She spat at him.
“I’m sorry!” Gwaine blurted out and immediately regretted it.
“You’re sorry are you? So you’re sorry for begin a terrible brother. You’re sorry for trying to chase me out of our own home.  You’re sorry for losing your temper with me. You’re sorry for stabbing me then running off and leaving me to die!” She cried.
“Yes.” Gwaine admitted. Suddenly she slapped him hard across the face.
“Well it’s not good enough!” She screamed at him. “I’m your twin! Ok so we hated each other, fought like cats and dogs. So I annoyed you by using magic, made out you were un-special, un-gifted but to stab your own sister? Now that’s low; and at the age of sixteen as well.” She shook her head.
“It wasn’t like that! You caused the fire! Our mother died because of what you did!! Gwaine told her. “So that makes it ok to stab me?” Sofia asked.
“No but I was angry! I wasn’t thinking!”
“So you stabbed me, do you remember it Gwaine? It was an accident, I was going to apologise, try and comfort you, I know how much you cared for mother, but you tried to kill me.” Gwaine stared at her, his eyes clouded over; he remembered the day well, the worse day of his life.