Chapter 4- Mirrors, mirrors

Before Merlin could react he was blown onto his back where he became paralysed. Morgana stood over him watching his attempt to get up with a wicked smile. "Shh now; you have had a long journey, I imagine you’re tired. Maybe you should get some rest." Morgana said as she knelt down by Merlin. "Night, night; maybe when you wake this will have all been a dream hey. A story, a image, a reflection." Morgana said as her eyes flashed amber and Merlin felt himself drifting away.

To bright; it was much too bright Merlin thought as he woke. His head was pounding and he didn't want to open his eyes. He was wondering why he had been allowed to stay in bed so long. The light penetrating his eye lids meant it must be at least midday. 'Maybe I'm ill; well it would explain the pain in my head I guess.' He thought. As he lay there pondering over why he has still resting his memories began to fade back in. He immediately snapped open his eyes and as he did cried out at the bright light and brought his hands to his face as a shield. After a few minutes; when his eyes had adjusted to light he took in his new surroundings. He was in quite a large hall with no obvious exit. The room had no furniture but there was something strange, the walls, the celling even the floor was made up of mirrors. Before Merlin could begin to think about the one hundred and one questions now bubbling inside his head he heard a groan from behind him. He turned to see the others all lying on the floor. "Merlin close the curtains!" Arthur mumbled. Merlin looked around him. "There are no curtains." He said confused. Then he realised, Arthur thought that they were back in Camelot too. "Don’t tell me someone stole my curtains! This is ridiculous!"
"No there are no curtains because we are in a room made of mirrors that has no curtains!" Merlin said as Arthur slowly opened his eyes.
"I see…Merlin what are we doing in a room made of mirrors that has no curtains?" Arthur asked. "Haven't a clue." Merlin said.
"Well at least one thing hasn't changed." Arthur said as he got to his feet. "Your still clueless" Before long Leon, Percival and Elyan had all come round and were exploring there new surroundings while Gwaine was still sleeping soundly and snoring. "Can we please wake him?" Percival pleaded. "He is doing my head in!"
"Yeh me too." Elyan said.
"But his chatter isn't much better." Leon pointed out.
"Right now I think I can live with it." Percival said as he went to rouse Gwaine.
"You will get your money I promise." Gwaine mumbled in his sleep. "Please just one more drink!"
"Gwaine? Gwaine? What the hell are you on about?" Percival asked as Gwaine slowly opened his eyes. Gwaine cried out and shielded his eyes from the blinding light. "Ow!" Gwaine cried.
"I know the light is a bit bright isn't it." Percival said.
"No ow there isn't really mead." Gwaine said.
"And that physically hurt you?" Percival asked confused.
"Yes" Gwaine said as if it was obvious.
"I advise you to seek help…immediately." Percival said as Merlin came over. "Percival are you ok?"  Merlin asked as he saw the expression on his friends face.
"Yeh… yeh just…it's doesn't matter." Percival said as he quickly walked away.
"How are you doing Gwaine?" Merlin asked as he sat down next to his friend.
"Well that all depends on your next words." Gwaine told him. "Where are we? What happened? What the hell are we going to do about it? And is there any mead?" Merlin smiled. "Ok we are in a room made of mirrors and that's all I know. Morgana drugged your food and probably put us in here. Don't know what we are going to do and no there is no mead."
"Bugger you got the most important one wrong!"
"What? The 'what are we going to do' one?" Merlin asked.
"No the ‘do we have any mead one’ of course!" Gwaine said.
"Of course, the one about mead well I guess this is you we are talking about." Merlin said smiling at his friend as he got up and helped Gwaine do the same. "Sire there is no exit. We have checked everywhere, we are trapped." Leon said to Arthur.
"No! There is always a way out! Keep looking!" Suddenly Morgana's voice rang out around them. "Oh dear brother how right you are.
To be honest I am surprised you have made it this far.
The key to this place it is quite clear.
But I’ll warn you there are dangers brother dear.
This room was made by my closest connections.
But dear brother please do count, the reflections."
"Morgana! Show yourself! What's that meant to mean?!" Arthur yelled as Morgana's quite chuckles filled the air. "Oh you will find out soon enough." She said slyly.
"Morgana!" Arthur called again but there was no reply. "Great just what we needed! A riddle!" Arthur said throwing his sword to the floor in frustration.
"Arthur let's just think, what do we know?" Merlin said calmly.
"Morgana has trapped us." Arthur said.
"There is no obvious exit." Leon said.
"The room is made of mirrors." Elyan said.
"It's extremely bright." Percival said. They all looked over to Gwaine who was the only one hadn't spoken because he was too busy admiring himself in a mirror. "Oh right…umm…there is no mead or food and Eirawen isn’t here." Gwaine said.
"How does any of that help?!" Arthur asked.
"Umm guys?" Gwaine said.
"Not now Gwaine!" Arthur said.
"Well we know who captured us. We know our environment." Merlin said.
"No really guys, look." Gwaine said again.
"Not now Gwaine!" Merlin said.
"No really, I am pretty sure reflections aren't meant to move." Gwaine said quietly. "Well if you move they will. They reflect you." Merlin said.
"That's just the problem. I'm not moving." They all turned to look at Gwaine and sure enough his reflection had drawn a sword and was grinning while Gwaine's sword was still in its sheath and he looked terrified. "Oh god." Percival muttered. Suddenly Gwaine's reflection began to walk then it melted through the glass and into the room. Gwaine staggered back. "What the hell!" He muttered.
"Look!" Leon yelled. All around them their reflections were emerging from the mirrors and soon they each had a living reflection. They all backed into a circle, there reflections surrounding them. "I think Morgana has found a new game." Gwaine murmured as his reflection drew closer. "What do we do?" Merlin asked.
"The only thing we can." Arthur told him. "Fight."

*******************************************************************************

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUN DUN DUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol there are two of them all!! To Gwaine's! My life is complete! Lol but on is evil and not really real but hey. Lol I hope you liked that chapter, i tried to bring in the whole mirror element of snow white but twist it a little. So now they must fight against themselves!! You will have to wait till tomorrow to find out what happens though i am afraid! Lol thanks so much for reading this! Please do comment and vote it would mean the world to me! Thanks again! Your all so amazing! :)

                                                                          HazelJ :)