Chapter 5- Me V.S Me

How do you fight yourself? The opponent knows exactly what you would do because they are you. The fight was endless. It continued for hours before the first reflection was killed. Leon's reflection fell to the ground and simply melted back into the glass. Next to go was Arthur's but Merlin's was advancing on him. Percival had disarmed his reflection but at that moment he sneezed giving his reflection just enough time to knock him out. Gwaine, seeing this lunged out striking Percival's reflection in the chest. He could see the pain in Percival’s reflections face and for a moment Gwaine felt terrible, as if he had just killed the real Percival; but he was brought back to his senses as he felt the steel blade of a sword rip through his side and a foot kick his ribcage. He fell to the floor by the unconscious Percival unable to move let alone defend himself. His reflection towered above him grinning. Suddenly the grin turned to a cry of pain as Leon's sword sunk into the reflections back. “Thanks.” Gwaine said weakly. “Well one of you is more than enough, I can’t be doing with two!.” Leon said with a grin before hurrying over to help Elyan. Soon Elyan's reflection was slain and with Arthur’s help so was Merlin's. The attack was over. "Is everyone alright?" Merlin asked. "What do you think?" Came Gwaine's weak reply. He lay on the floor, his right side soaked in blood. "I guess that's a no." Merlin said and he hurried to Gwaine's side as Leon woke Percival. Gwaine groaned as Merlin slipped his shirt off so he could examine the damage. "Come on then, out with it. How bad is it?" Gwaine said. "Umm well it's not too deep; it hasn't reached your organs." Merlin said.
"That sounds positive." Gwaine said.
"But I don't have anything to treat it with."
"That’s not so good."
"Oh and I think one or two of your ribs are broken to." Merlin said.
"Great; but at least it's not fatal. I am not going to die." Gwaine said and waited for a reply. "You are meant to say 'No of course you’re not going to die Gwaine don't be so stupid.'" Gwaine said when no reply came.
"Oh right yeh. You'll be fine." Merlin said but his voice was shaky and unsure.

Merlin checked over a cut on Elyan's arm and made sure Percival and Leon were ok. Percival had slight concussion but Merlin assured him it was nothing to worry about. "How's Gwaine?" Percival asked looked anxiously over at his friend. Merlin didn't reply. "Merlin?" Percival asked. Merlin sighed.
"He is ok for now. I have stopped the blood flow and his ribs are supported but I can't do anymore and if…" Merlin trailed away.
"If what?" Percival asked dreading the reply.
"If the wound becomes infected then he might…he could…die." Merlin said biting his lip. "I see. Let's just hope it doesn't get infected then." Percival said grimly.

Gwaine groaned loudly as he woke. Merlin was by him, helping him sit up. His head was spinning, his side was agony and he was so thirsty and hungry. "How do you feel?" Merlin asked.
"Like I need mead." Gwaine said.
"I am afraid we only have water." Merlin said passing Gwaine a water skin.
"Where did this come from?" Gwaine asked.
"Oh it just appeared; food and water. We don't know how. Don’t worry it's safe, Arthur had me taste test the lot." Merlin said.
Gwaine grinned. "Yep sounds like him." Gwaine said as he drank thirstily. Then Merlin passed him a small piece of stale bread. "Ah hello old friend." Gwaine said to the bread remembering being given the same food when Morgana had held him prisoner back in Camelot. Gwaine ate his bread but watched Merlin closely. "God it's hot in here." Gwaine said once he had finished. Merlin was silent, his face grave. "Oh great I am the only one who thinks that cause I am dying right?" Gwaine said. "No what makes you say that?" Merlin said but knowing he didn't sound at all convincing. "Your face and your silence make me say that." Gwaine said closing his eyes. "You are not going to die Gwaine! I won't allow it!" Merlin said.
"That's good because I have no intention of dying. There are so many taverns I haven't been to, so many..." Gwaine's voice slowly began to fade as he slipped out of consciousness.

"Arthur!" Leon called as he saw the reflections begin to move again. "They’re coming."
"Right everyone over there!" Arthur called pointing towards Gwaine. They all formed a protective semicircle around Gwaine who was propped up against the wall. The reflections began advancing and they all prepared themselves for the long battle ahead.

"Arthur!" Merlin cried as the sword handle rammed down hard into Arthur. Arthur fell back, the pain blinding him. Merlin grabbed him and pushed him down next to Gwaine. "Gwaine look after him!" Merlin cried as he continued to fight. Arthur struggled to get back up but Gwaine managed to hold him back. "No you don't." Gwaine said. Arthur tried to get up again and Gwaine grabbed his arm and roughly pulled him back. "Do you want to get killed?!" Gwaine asked. Arthur groaned as pain shot through him. Slowly he began to lose consciousness. Soon Arthur's body became limp as he passed out; unfortunately he passed out practically on top of Gwaine. Gwaine cried out as Arthur's body crushed his wound and broken ribs. "Get him off me!" Gwaine managed to cry.
"Bit busy at the moment!" Merlin cried as he had locked swords with his reflection. Tears began to cut their way down Gwaine's face and he felt the blackness begin to invade his mind. "Please! He is really heavy!" Gwaine cried.
"You’re lucky he can't hear that." Percival said. "Leon cover me!" Percival said as he turned and quickly helped heave Arthur off Gwaine. "Thanks." Gwaine muttered as his head dropped sideways and he blacked out.

***********************************************************************************

Hiya guys! Sorry this chapter is so short! If your lucky i might put another one on today....but no promises! Thanks so much for reading this! I was so mean to Gwaine wasn't i?! I feel so bad but i have good reasons for doing it. (and one of the reasons do not in anyway shape or form include the fact that he is now topless......of course not! Thats such a stupid reason...!) Lol Thanks so much for reading this! It means the world to me! Dont forget to comment and if you are a really lovely person (which i am sure you are!) please vote! It would mean so so so so much! Thanks again! You guys are amazing! :) :) :)

                                                                                             HazelJ :) 

Reflections in Ice (Merlin FanFic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें