Chapter 7- Decorating, Missing and Meetings

Three of everyone, three. It was becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of who was real and who was a reflection. The only thing that gave them away was that the reflections would glimmer slightly; their bodies had an unnatural shine to them. The Gwaine's and Arthur's were killed easily but the others proved much, much harder. Merlin yelped as one of his reflections swords came dangerously close to his face. Elyan received a large gash down his thigh and Leon a cut on his upper arm, Percival received two black eyes and a nose bleed. Merlin was both surprised and pleased his reflections didn't seem to have magic. This meant that A) Morgana couldn't find out. B) Everyone else couldn't find out. And C) he had an advantage. Eventually the last reflection was slain and everyone set about trying to clean themselves up. Merlin became very busy shredding clothes to make more and more bandages. He bandaged up the gash on Elyan's leg and Leon's arm. Then he gave Percival a piece of cloth to stem the blood flow from his nose. After which Merlin dealt with his own injuries before checking on Gwaine and Arthur. Gwaine was only half awake and looked terrible, Merlin didn't know what had happened to Gwaine's wound but he did know that it was powerful magic and it certainly wasn't good news. Arthur was dozing in the corner but Merlin wasn't as worried about him; broken ribs he could sort but whatever Morgana had done to Gwaine…well he didn't know where to start, all he knew was it wasn't going to be good. Suddenly Percival sneezed loudly splattering the floor with blood from his nose bleed. "Sneezy! The floor does need redecorating I grant you but not in red! Honestly surely blue would be much better!" Gwaine said. This would have made Merlin laugh if Gwaine's voice hadn't sounded so weak. Merlin looked around at his friends and knew he had to do something, even if that something involved magic.

Merlin awoke to the blinding light he was beginning to get used to. He groaned and pulled himself off the glass floor. He was really beginning to tired of seeing himself reflected everywhere. He was extremely hungry but what little food they had needed to be rationed. He slowly looked around him at the sleeping forms of his friends and knew that they couldn’t keep going like this for much longer. Then he noticed something, Gwaine was missing. He quickly got to his feet and scanned the room but there was no sign of Gwaine. "Gwaine!" Merlin called urgently but there was no reply. There was a groan from nearby as Percival sat up. "What's all this yelling about?" He asked sleepily.

"Gwaine is gone! Vanished! Disappeared!" Merlin said hurriedly.

"What?! How!? Have you looked everywhere?!" Percival asked panicking slightly. "Well there isn't anywhere to hide is there!" Merlin cried. All the commotion woke the others who quickly began to worry too. Merlin was close to tearing his hair out in worry for his friend. The only explanation was Morgana had taken Gwaine for a new sort of torture and that really wasn't a comforting thought at all.

As soon as Gwaine awoke he knew something was wrong. It was dark, much darker than he remembered it being when he closed his eyes. He opened his eyes and it made little difference. It was so dark he could barely see. Slowly he propped himself up causing him to wince in pain. "Merlin? Arthur? Percival? Leon? Elyan?" He called but there was no reply. "Anyone?" He sighed. It seemed he was alone. Once his eyes had become accustom to the gloom he could see he was in a very small room with stone walls and floor. However on the two end walls stood two mirrors, one on each of the two walls. There were no windows or doors just the mirrors. Gwaine didn't need to think why he was there, Morgana obviously wanted to play a new game but it was what that game might involve that worried him. Slowly, very slowly he hauled himself to his feet, pain spreading out through his body as he did so. When he was up he lent on the wall for support as he slowly made his way towards one mirror. When he reached it he slowly placed a hand on it and as he did he heard a voice behind him. "Hello Sir Knight." Morgana said. Gwaine spun round but a little bit too fast, his stomach lurched and his head span and he staggered into the wall. "Oh careful wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." Morgana said gently taking hold of one of Gwaine's arms to support him. As soon as Gwaine regained his balance he pulled his arm roughly from Morgana's grasp. "You don't look too good, maybe you should sit down." Morgana said and even though Gwaine didn't want to he found himself complying. Morgana knelt down by Gwaine and reached out a hand out towards his wound. "I'm sorry if my earlier spell backfired a bit. Your body rejected the spell causing your fever, I'm sorry that wasn't meant to happen." She said in such a sweet and innocent voice Gwaine didn't complain or question her. "Don't worry; I have perfected the spell now." She said holding her hand over his wound before muttering the spell, her eyes flashed amber and Gwaine felt a shiver run through him. "There, better?" She asked. To his surprise he did feel remarkably better.

"Yeh, thanks." He mumbled.

"Good. I am sure that you are glad to be out of that light, enough to blind a man." Morgana said. "Humm well at least I could see." Gwaine said looking around him. He shivered as a draft touched him, where it was coming from he couldn't quite work out. "Oh, are you cold?" Morgana asked. "Here have this." She said removing her shawl and wrapping it around Gwaine's bare shoulders. Gwaine didn't refuse it but once she leant back he looked at her suspiciously. "Why are you being like this?" He asked. "Like what?" Morgana asked sweetly.

"So…well, nice." Gwaine asked. Morgana paused for a moment.

"People can change." She said.

"Oh I am all for believing in redemption, just not yours. You’re up to something."

"How do you know?! What have I done to you to make you so suspicious of me?" Morgana asked before realising her mistake. "Oh well are we counting all the times you have tried to kill me and my friends, putting me in an arena to fight for you, locking me up. Need I go on!?"

"Ok, fair point. I was just trying to help you."

"Help me?!" Gwaine spat.

"Prepare for what is to come. Also I wanted to tell you something." She said, a sly smile creeping onto her face. She leant forward and whispered one word in his ear, one word that made his blood run cold, one word that he had never wished to hear again, Sofia.

“What are you going to do him!?” Eirawen cried as Morgana entered the room. “What did you whisper to him?!” She demanded.

“Patience dear.” Morgana said turning her back on Eirawen to stare into the mirror. “No! I will not be patient! You will not harm him Morgana! If you dare harm him I will kill you!” Eirawen yelled pulling at her chains.

“Of course you will dear and do stop fretting, you’ll tire yourself out.” Morgana said, the sweet ring to her voice making Eirawen’s blood boil with anger. “Why are you doing this?!” Eirawen cried. Morgana spun round.

“Why? Why? Because I want them to know how it feels, how it feels to have everything you love and care about torn away for no good reason! I want them to feels alone and afraid, I want them to watch as the people they love turn against them, I want them to see their worst fears alive in front of them, I want them to know what it feels like to be lost and alone even inside your every soul.” Morgana said. Eirawen stared at her capturer, she felt something strange, sympathy, she felt sympathy towards Morgana, and she felt strongly sorry for her. “Now enough chit chat, the show is about to begin.” Morgana said waking Eirawen from her thoughts as she turned to watch the horrors unfold before her.    

Gwaine wrapped Morgana's shawl tighter around his shoulders, he could have sworn it was getting darker and colder by the second. Gwaine was anxiously looking around, just waiting for something to spring at him. 'How did she know that name!?' Gwaine thought panicking slightly. 'If she knew that what else did she know?' Suddenly a voice cut through the silence. "What indeed." It said in an Irish accent. Gwaine thought he must be hearing things, he knew this voice, he knew it well, for it was his own. Then out of the mirror on the right hand side of the room walked Gwaine, another one.

************************************************************************************

Another Gwaine! Lol. I hope you enjoyed this! Does anyone else feel so sorry for Morgana?? She is my second fav character and i have always sympathised with her! I hope i put that across in this even though it was only a brief scene. Who do you think this mysterious Sofia is??? And why didn't Gwaine wanna hear her name??? All will be reaveled in the next chapter! :) Thanks so much for reading this! It means so so much! Please do remember to vote and comment! It would make me so happy! :) Thanks again! Your all amazing! :)

                                                                                                          HazelJ :)