How to Fall in Love (50)

Start from the beginning

                        In this matter, Finn could work on his own, band whoever people he trusted enough, and fight the code—program instructions—of Genesis. He could gather the Genesis team, torture them until they unzipped their lips, and save his company once and for all.

                        But this plan of being nothing but a whistleblower would be useless, for I found a rather vital statement after listing a few more options.

                        B. The Birmingham Ticket

                        I could ignore the situation altogether, just like Daniel said, buy a ticket to Birmingham, England, and leave on the 5th for Karga's Creative Writing Programme which would spur my writing abilities and make me a step closer to becoming an official writer. Automatically, I would have nothing to do with Genesis.

                        But in my heart, I knew this was never an option—because of my mother's death. Her funeral was on the 4th and leaving a day after to a place multiple countries over wouldn't be right. Some might think it stupid of me to reject the last thing my mother did for me, but death had a way of affecting one's decisions—and death surely affected this.

                        And another thing that affected it was the realisation that for some reason, it was impossible for me to turn my back and leave Finn forever.

                        C. The Truth Confession

                        I could tell Finn everything not through an anonymous email but through my face. Through my voice. Through my sincere heart. I could confess to him about the bug I flung to their website back at the sauna, say that the suspicions he tossed away after seeing me cry were in fact true, and then, most importantly, tell him about Genesis.

                        Seeing as I didn't know how Finn would react, knowing that he had trust issues and I betrayed him by lying about the bug and not telling him about it when I had the chance to, I knew I and the family name I swore an oath to take care of would be at risk.

                        But since I loved Finn—

                        I would put myself at risk for him.

                        D. The Code Kill

                        In the hours succeeding Daniel's team's not-so-lovely visit to the memorial service, I did nothing but study systematically Welcome to Genesis, inhaling as much information as I could about Genesis.

                        So then I checked the patterns, and I found they were unique. This meant no one could infiltrate the mission save for the ones who'd created the encryptions. Daniel was right—Genesis was a well thought-out plan, and it was implausible, if not difficult, to get through it. This was the statement that made Option A: The Anonymous Email null and invalid.

                        However, I found a backdoor.

                        Because Sloane became ambitious and attempted to incorporate my code to the mission which she then removed afterwards, she inadvertently—and perhaps unknowingly—created an entrance for me, and for me only.