Chapter 14- Jealousy

It seems as if Lucia thinks I'm her personal assistant. In yesterday's meeting she asked me to hand out the overviews and collect the first edit of the magazine. To be honest, I think it's my fault because I'm letting her push me around. But now I'm stuck delivering the edit to Sebastian's house.

As I approach the front door I see Axcel bracing on the door frame.

'Hey' I say slightly confused. He's standing there like he was waiting on me.

'Hey, took your own sweet time to walk from your car.'

I look at him. Eyebrows furrowed and eyes narrowed. 'How did you know I was here?'

'The cameras.' He shrugs

I look around. 'What cameras?'

He laughs 'They're everywhere.' He gestures to the drive, making it seem as if the air was one big spycam.

He notices the envelope I'm holding. 'You here to see me?'

'No,' I say. I gesture for him to move aside with the envelope. 'Move.'

He chuckles lightly as I walk past him.

'He's in the kitchen.' I hear him say .

I turn around to say thank you but he's already gone.

_________________________________________

Sebastian's sitting at the island staring at his laptop surrounded in files.

I walk closer. 'Hi.'

He looks up abruptly. 'Hey.'

His eyes trail my body, although it might as well be his hands because his gaze sends shivers down my spine.

'Um, Lucia wanted me to bring you the edit.'

I hand him the envelope. He looks down at my hand and takes it from me.

'She couldn't mail it?' He says looking back up.

'Well yeah but she needs to know what you don't like about it, so she can make the second edit, so it can be published next week.'

He opens the envelope. 'When's the deadline for my complaints.'

'She wants me to write them down.'

He sighs, shuts the lid of his laptop and turns to me.

'What's that?' He asks

'Excuse me?'

'You heard me Alexis.'

'What's what Sebastian?'

He gets up and within two long strides, he's standing in front of me. He brings his hand up and brushes my hair out of my face. He tilts my chin up. His eyes are focused on my neck.

'What's that?' He points to the deep red blotch on my lower neck.

I take in a deep breath. 'It's and hickey Sebastian, what do you think.'

He puts his hand on my back and presses our bodies together. He runs his thumb over my bottom lip. 'And who gave that to you?'

I meet his gaze. 'Theodore,' I say. I reach up and pull him in by his collar so our faces are inches apart. 'And he fucked me too. Right on his counter.' I might as well add that since, knowing Sebastian, he's going to find out eventually.

He holds me tighter against him.

'What are you going to do about it?' I whisper.

His hand slips down to the back of my neck. He pushes his fingers through my hair and pulls my head forward. He presses his lips against mine. We're so close I can feel his heartbeat and taste our shared breath. His hand travels up my t-shirt, reaching for the clasp of my bra.