We carefully tiptoed our way back through the Lanes, bringing the scientist back to headquarters.
——————
Your POV.

I slowly blinked open my eyes, observing my surroundings. There was a pain in my head, but I noticed it was no longer in my leg. I turned my head, seeing Vi asleep in the chair next to me. I looked at the time. It was midday. Which meant I would still have time to recover and deliver the orb. Good.

"Stranger? You awake?" Vi whispered from my side, getting up to come near my bed.

"Yes." I said hoarsely.

"Vi, what happened?" I whispered, still unable to talk loudly.

"Your leg. It became infected with Shimmer. Whatever Sevika stabbed you with, it was bad. We had to get Singed."

My mind raced. Raced back, to when I needed him to put a goddamn metal plate in my back. He saved me, but he also almost killed me. He ruined my life.

I got up in my bed, much to Vi's protest, and ripped the blanket back.

I gasped. "No. No. What the fuck?"

"I know, I know, just relax, relax. Easy, easy." Vi cooed, pushing me down onto the bed. I lay back in shock.

My leg from my knee down was now pure metal, powered by cogs and machinery. It was horrible.

"Vi, I look fucking terrible. Where the hell is my leg?" I whispered in awe.

"Personally, I think it's hot, Cupcake." She said, a shine to her eyes. "Uh, Singed took your leg back with him, to...examine." She said the last part with a grimace.

I got up again, shooting a glare at Vi when she tried pushing me back down. She sighed, giving up.

I manually moved my leg off the side of the bed, testing it out. Once I determined that I was in no pain, I gently touched the leg to the floor.

Vi immediately rushed in front of me, arms held out for my support. She put her hands on my hips, allowing me to grip her tattooed and muscled forearms, making us both turn pink.

"One day, you need to show me your tattoos. All of them." My eyes glinted as I whispered in Vi's ear. She hummed in agreement, chuckling.

Her hands stayed on my hips as I moved mine to her shoulders, getting up from the bed fully. I walked a bit, finding it painless and easy. I tapped Vi's shoulder, telling her to let me go, and I walked the length of the room with no pain. I smiled. Maybe this would be a good thing.

I sat back down on the bed, thankful Singed didn't fuck up my leg.

"By the way, he put weapons in there. Roundhouse kick brings out a knife, jab takes out a gun. You can do more, but I don't remember what else he said." I stared at Vi's nonchalant expression, my mouth agape.

I immediately tested it out, standing up and roundhouse kicking the air in front of me. A ruby edged silver dagger emerged from my heel. My favorite. "This was your suggestion?" I turned to Vi.

She smirked, nodding. "I remembered your swords, silver with rubies."

"Hmm. Thank you." She nodded again. "Come outside with me." I told her, leaving the medbay.

"You shouldn't be out and about, I don't want anything to happen to you." Vi cried out after me, but to no avail. I went to an open space near the tree, and kicked my leg out. A gun jutted out from my calf, ready to fire. I jabbed again, shooting a bullet in the wall.

"That... was hot." Vi said from behind me, leaning against the tree. So, I did it again, this time with more flourish, sneering at her. She took a deep breath, turning away. I rolled my eyes, turning back to the wall to try other tricks.