Chapter 32 - Family Friend

Elias

When I woke up, Kaia wasn't in my arms anymore. She was across the bed, leaving me to wonder if I made her uncomfortable.

I hated feeling like I made her uncomfortable, especially as I just had the most amazing night with her yesterday.

She was still sleeping, facing away from me with the covers hanging off her hip, and her bare back exposed. I saw what looked like a scar on the lower part of her figure, and I couldn't help but reach out and touch it.

Pulling down the blanket slightly, I could see it better. The mark was in the shape of a rectangle like she had a-

"What are you doing?" Kaia shot up and turned around, hiding her back so I couldn't look anymore. "Fuck, Elias. You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm sorry." I apologized, sitting up next to her. "I was just looking at your back...is that scar from a tattoo?"

She took a deep breath and rubbed the tiredness from her eyes. "Yes. Just some stupid thing I got when I was a teenager. I had it removed not too long ago."

That made sense, but her reaction made me wonder. Why was she so scared to feel me touch her? And what was the tattoo?

I decided not to pry, as she just woke up and seemed agitated. Instead of speaking again, she left the bed and pulled one of the shirts out of my dresser. "Can I wear this?"

Nodding my head, she entered the bathroom next. After putting on a pair of sweatpants, I followed her there, leaning against the doorway as I watched her brush her teeth.

"Are you alright?" I asked, standing behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept great actually. I guess I should thank you for that." She smiled at me in the mirror, spitting the toothpaste into the sink and rinsing her mouth. "What about your tattoo? What does it mean?"

I forgot I had that until now. Kaia sat on the counter and pulled me to stand between her thighs. She lightly traced the dark lines with her fingers. I watched us in the reflection, it was hard to focus on telling the story with her hands all over me.

She looked up with a sweet gaze, patiently waiting for me to explain, so I did.

"One night, Alexander, my brother, and I all went to a nightclub. They were both seventeen already, while I was fifteen turning sixteen." The muscles in my jaw ticked as I recalled that day. "We snuck in and got super fucked up. That was the first time I ever did any drugs other than weed, and so I was freaking out a little."

Kaia kept her hands on my body, dragging her fingers up and down my chest. She looked intrigued, so I continued.

"Alexander had left with some girl or boy, I can't remember. So I was having this panic attack right in the middle of the dance floor. Daniel took me outside and calmed me down, suggesting that we get a tattoo together to take my mind off being extremely high."

"How was that supposed to take your mind off anything?" She laughed, the hint of a dimple showing on her right cheek. "Didn't that just freak you out even more?"

"Surprisingly no, because it actually worked." I laughed with her. "My father was a die-hard Christian, and since we hated him, my brother suggested we get these anti-religious drawings tattooed on our bodies. Not that we hated Christians or anything, it was just to get back at him after he made us read the bible every day growing up."

"Well, I'm sure that made you feel a lot better." She said, chuckling at my story. "Your brother was smart."

He was smart.