Chapter 33 - Back Of The Limo

Kaia

Holy fucking shit.

Bianca's getting married?

I was honestly really happy for them. I liked Raphael. He was funny, and they worked very well together. The only time I had second thoughts about him was when we were in the car that day that they got attacked, and he was ready to knock me out like he did Julian.

But, he didn't. And I saw the smiles on her face when she talked about him. I knew that were happy together.

But more importantly, did Elias tell her my name? And how was I supposed to show up without anyone seeing me? As soon as Bianca looked me in the eyes, I knew I wouldn't have much longer to live.

The whole family knew what I looked like. There was no way I would leave that wedding with my limbs still attached to my body, so I had to come up with a good excuse to tell Elias.

"I hate weddings."

"What?" Elias took a bite out of his sandwich. "I've never met a person who hates weddings."

"I can't go with you." I sipped my orange juice, watching him closely. "I'm sorry. I'll stay here with Nasir and your mother, you should bring Alexander instead."

Elias pulled out his phone again and began clicking away. What was he doing? I just told him I couldn't go... and he wasn't even upset?

"I just booked three plane tickets... and yes Alex is coming as well." He turned off his phone and put it away. "We leave in two days."

No.

No.

Fuck no.

I refused to go to that wedding. They all hated me more than I could imagine. I would not put myself in that situation. Elias and I... things are finally good. Everything was working out. I was not about to ruin that.

"No, Elias." I snapped, gripping the edge of my seat and glaring at him. "I told you. I'm not going to that fucking wedding."

"You're going, Kaia." He reached across the table and covered my hand with his. "Come on. I told her I was bringing my girlfriend. I just want to show you off. I want them to all see how pretty you are."

That was the last thing they were going to think when they saw me. But I still had a chance. Last-minute, I could pretend to be sick or something. I was good at lying, I knew that because it all was pretty believable so far.

"Okay." I gave in, lacing our fingers together. "I'll be there."

No, I wouldn't.

***

The two days had passed, and we were packing the limo to go to the airport. I had brought all my pretty clothes that Elias paid for when I first got here, although we were only staying for a couple of days.

He was excited. He had never met Bianca before, and considering how close their families were, that surprised me. Elias explained that it was because his father didn't think he was worthy of working for him. That he didn't get to go to meetings until he became a real man.

Whatever his father considered being a 'man' was definitely not it. I didn't know much about Jason, but I knew that he was an abusive fuck, and he deserved to be killed by his own son.

"After you." Elias opened the back door for me while Alexander got into the front. Apparently, the limo driver was a friend of his, so he decided to sit up there and give us some privacy.

Soon enough we were off. I watched Hotel Torres disappear in the distance, and a feeling of sadness came over me. I might not return from this trip, and the last month I spent here with Elias was everything I could have asked for.